galaxy s5 camera lens cracked

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I had mine for about 27 hours when I realized my camera lens glass was broken. I got it Friday morning and it was broken by noon on Saturday. I went into my T-Mobile store so my brother could get a new phone and when I was going to show him my phone I realized the lens cover was shattered. It wasn't that way when I entered the store.

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I have mine in an Otterbox Defender. I think the opening on the case for the camera is angled to steeply and directs sharp objects right at the lens cover. I put mine in the case within an hour of getting the phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
A case...even a tpu style case would be really helpful. I got one off Amazon that is blue and makes it look exactly like the blue version of the S5...just a little thicker, but it has the same design patterns. You can get a tpu style case for as little as around $5.00. Amazon has a boatload of cases for the S5.

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow...did you have it in your pocket or drop it? Hopefully this isn't a design flaw. The lens is pretty level with the phone. Perhaps it should have been in a little deeper.

I had mine for about 27 hours when I realized my camera lens glass was broken. I got it Friday morning and it was broken by noon on Saturday. I went into my T-Mobile store so my brother could get a new phone and when I was going to show him my phone I realized the lens cover was shattered. It wasn't that way when I entered the store.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Weird you dropped your phone and some glass broke that's unheard of.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

ewelch1106

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I also got S5 on Friday about 5:30 and my lens was broke by saturday at 11 am. I did not drop it and it never left my otter box. Went to verizon and they told me my only option was to claim it on the insurance, I don't think so...too expensive to have this happen without any explanation. I am calling samsung to see what they can do for me. The only thing I can think of is that when the phone was in my purse and I put my keys in it, maybe my keys hit the camera lens. Still this shouldn't happen so easily. I had my HTC thunderbolt for 2 1/2 years and kept it in my purse without incident. Has anyone tried calling samsung to report their issues?

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Wow...did you have it in your pocket or drop it? Hopefully this isn't a design flaw. The lens is pretty level with the phone. Perhaps it should have been in a little deeper.

I did not drop it. It was in the Otterbox Defender case and in the holster for the case. The angle of the opening on the Defender case is very steep on the sides and looks like is directing objects right towards the edge of the lens glass.

ewelch1106

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
just got off the phone with Samsung. They are of no help either. You can send your phone in and have it fixed for about $75.00 but you would be out of a phone unless you went to Verizon or wherever you purchased your product for a loaner phone. The lady that I spoke with said it's now a product flaw however I have seen too much on this topic to not agree. Out of options for now....

Zabigayle

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I did not drop it. It was in the Otterbox Defender case and in the holster for the case. The angle of the opening on the Defender case is very steep on the sides and looks like is directing objects right towards the edge of the lens glass.

Maybe some pressure from the case?

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah right?