Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weird Alarm Issue- please help!

Okay so far everything has worked as expected on my S5....except the alarm. Here's the issue. When the phone is on the "vibrate" setting it appears that notifications are also set to vibrate. However, on my S4--the alarm would still sound off with vibrate. I've already had 2 mornings in which my alarm failed to go off.

Any advice on how to resolve this issue. Obviously, I could just set the phone to "sound" at night--but I don't emails and other notifications waking me up.

Thoughts please.
    Thanks!

Default Re: Weird Alarm Issue- please help!

Strangely mine works fine on vibrate. Do you have Blocking enabled?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

no blocking is off? that's so weird. So your alarm is fully functional on the vibrate setting. Check the sound settings menu and see if the notification is turned off. This is so perplexing. I even downloaded a 3rd party alarm app just to deal with it.

Yeah it functions perfectly on vibrate. Is yours on "Silent" accidentally? That may cause it but I haven't tested it that way.

In The Clock app settings under 'Alarm', for my specific Alarm "Alarm Type" is set to 'Sound'. The volume on that page is at about 25%.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Nope the phone is on vibrate. I think this is definitely a glitch with either my phone or touchwiz. When I go to advanced sound and ringtone settings---the notifications toggle is set off for vibrate. I cannot adjust or move the toggle unless I switch to a ringer.