S5 and wireless charging card?

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Are you talking about the charging receiver that goes between the battery and the back cover that you can buy on Amazon or Ebay?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
My co-worker bought one off of Amazon for his S3 and he likes it. He's had it a few months now. He says it does get warm when it's charging but that might be normal for wireless charging, I don't know.

I've been looking at them for my S5 but quite frankly I'm scared to use something not manufactured by Samsung for fear of damaging my phone. I wish Samsung would hurry up with those charging back plates before I break that annoying little USB cover off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It should work, it worked on my note 3. Although the Wireless charging back worked better

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

skullfreak

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
My co-worker bought one off of Amazon for his S3 and he likes it. He's had it a few months now. He says it does get warm when it's charging but that might be normal for wireless charging, I don't know.

I've been looking at them for my S5 but quite frankly I'm scared to use something not manufactured by Samsung for fear of damaging my phone. I wish Samsung would hurry up with those charging back plates before I break that annoying little USB cover off.

With Samsung backing no cases fit.
Maybe a tpu but not very good I had one on my s4

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
With Samsung backing no cases fit.
Maybe a tpu but not very good I had one on my s4

That's what I was thinking. At least with the wireless receivers off Amazon the case I bought will probably still fit. I have insurance on my phone but I like to use a thin case anyway to keep the corners from getting banged up and stuff.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Now I'm wondering if the gasket for water-resistance under the backplate will seal tightly if I use the receiver.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2