Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dpham00
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default S5 and wireless charging card?

    Does anyone know if I can use a wireless charging card in my s5 and will or can they damage my phone?
  2. #2  
    tlo07's Avatar

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,432 Global Posts

    Default Re: S5 and wireless charging card?

    Are you talking about the charging receiver that goes between the battery and the back cover that you can buy on Amazon or Ebay?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: S5 and wireless charging card?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlo07 View Post
    Are you talking about the charging receiver that goes between the battery and the back cover that you can buy on Amazon or Ebay?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Yes I am.
  4. #4  
    tlo07's Avatar

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,432 Global Posts

    Default Re: S5 and wireless charging card?

    My co-worker bought one off of Amazon for his S3 and he likes it. He's had it a few months now. He says it does get warm when it's charging but that might be normal for wireless charging, I don't know.

    I've been looking at them for my S5 but quite frankly I'm scared to use something not manufactured by Samsung for fear of damaging my phone. I wish Samsung would hurry up with those charging back plates before I break that annoying little USB cover off.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  5. #5  

    Default Re: S5 and wireless charging card?

    It should work, it worked on my note 3. Although the Wireless charging back worked better

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  6. #6  
    Kevin OQuinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    9,481 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,692 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: S5 and wireless charging card?

    The N5 gets pretty toasty when charging wirelessly.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: S5 and wireless charging card?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlo07 View Post
    My co-worker bought one off of Amazon for his S3 and he likes it. He's had it a few months now. He says it does get warm when it's charging but that might be normal for wireless charging, I don't know.

    I've been looking at them for my S5 but quite frankly I'm scared to use something not manufactured by Samsung for fear of damaging my phone. I wish Samsung would hurry up with those charging back plates before I break that annoying little USB cover off.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    With Samsung backing no cases fit.
    Maybe a tpu but not very good I had one on my s4
  8. #8  
    tlo07's Avatar

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,432 Global Posts

    Default Re: S5 and wireless charging card?

    Quote Originally Posted by skullfreak View Post
    With Samsung backing no cases fit.
    Maybe a tpu but not very good I had one on my s4
    That's what I was thinking. At least with the wireless receivers off Amazon the case I bought will probably still fit. I have insurance on my phone but I like to use a thin case anyway to keep the corners from getting banged up and stuff.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  9. #9  
    tlo07's Avatar

    Posts
    444 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,432 Global Posts

    Default Re: S5 and wireless charging card?

    Now I'm wondering if the gasket for water-resistance under the backplate will seal tightly if I use the receiver.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: S5 and wireless charging card?

    Quote Originally Posted by tlo07 View Post
    Now I'm wondering if the gasket for water-resistance under the backplate will seal tightly if I use the receiver.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Maybe but I hate this new 3.0 charging it's hard to plug in at nite with no lite on.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: S5 and wireless charging card?

    Quote Originally Posted by skullfreak View Post
    Maybe but I hate this new 3.0 charging it's hard to plug in at nite with no lite on.
    You can use a standard microusb 2.0 cable.

    dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    jemalone likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. galaxy s5 camera lens cracked
    By Clegend23 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 233
    Last Post: 06-17-2016, 09:28 PM
  2. [VIDEO] ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD Glass Installation - Samsung Galaxy S5
    By chrisngrod in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Accessories
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 05-26-2014, 02:24 AM
  3. S5 Camera question?
    By kelpike in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 04:36 PM
  4. Printing from a Tablet with no wireless printer
    By Closingracer in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 11:08 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 07:25 PM

Posting Permissions