How to stop Galaxy S5 from announcing phone calls?

Leenybird

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My S5 just started telling me who is calling by using what I think is the S Voice feature. I cannot figure out how to stop this from happening. I have checked and it is not in car mode, so I'm not sure what to do at this point.

It is driving me crazy. Any idea how to turn this off?

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Phone Announcing Incoming Calls

This is KILLING me as well! I have been researching all day-- there is NO Driving/Hands Free Mode, nothing that fixes this in the accessibility settings or S-Voice, or Google Now... at least in the S5 there isn't. I need this to be GONE.

Leenybird

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

Yes! This one worked:

Go to settings accessibility-- scroll to answering and ending calls -- click it and uncheck Voice Control

You are my hero.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Does the phone repeat the caller name or just say "Call from xxx" once at the beginning?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

angeluq16

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I finally found out how to turn it off!!!! Go to settings>Accessibility>Vision>Talkback>Settings and then turn off speak caller ID. :) But why is it in vision?

Bobby S1

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

I had the same issue and it took me a while to figure it out. Go to settings accessibility-- scroll to answering and ending calls -- click it and uncheck Voice Control

Thanks to
junno29
I just fixed my Galaxy S5:)

yudiman01@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

I had the same issue and it took me a while to figure it out. Go to settings accessibility-- scroll to answering and ending calls -- click it and uncheck Voice Control

Thanks to
junno29
I just fixed my Galaxy S5:)

Ok- That does work...but that also turns off the ability to answer your phone by saying "answer" and i'm assuming other voice commands as well

A Flower

May 17, 2015
Visit site

This is KILLING me as well! I have been researching all day-- there is NO Driving/Hands Free Mode, nothing that fixes this in the accessibility settings or S-Voice, or Google Now... at least in the S5 there isn't. I need this to be GONE.

Go to setting language and input and go down to speech take the check off read out calls

Robin Stevenson D

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I went to Settings, Accessibilty, then Text-to-speech output & turned the driving mode to OFF. Tmobile did an automatic update yesterday morning 5/26/15 and it started announcing my calls immediately thereafter!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams