Samsung Galaxy S5 and KIES

Wottabugga

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I am so frustrated. I have just switched over from iPhone. I am trying to put music on my Galaxy S5. I presently have 11.5 GB of memory on my phone. I have 3.64 GB (4980 songs) of music to put on the phone but it tells me that I don't have enough memory for the music. If I add the music in groups of 100 songs then after I had added approximately 1500 songs all of the 11.5 GB of memory is used up. The maths just don't add up. 11.5 GB minus 3.64 GB should leave me with 7.6 GB of memory free.

Could somebody please help or explain to me why this is happening. Thank you.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I am so frustrated. I have just switched over from iPhone. I am trying to put music on my Galaxy S5. I presently have 11.5 GB of memory on my phone. I have 3.64 GB (4980 songs) of music to put on the phone but it tells me that I don't have enough memory for the music. If I add the music in groups of 100 songs then after I had added approximately 1500 songs all of the 11.5 GB of memory is used up. The maths just don't add up. 11.5 GB minus 3.64 GB should leave me with 7.6 GB of memory free.

I think the phone just reserve an specific amount of memory to be left in order for proper functioning. Withthat amount of music I don't think you are taking the correct approach, you either get an sd card (I know you are not used to coming from an iPhone) and copy there all you're music, pictures, videos, etc... or simply return it and wait for the 32GB version. I'd say just pick a good and cheap 32GB SD card and begin enjoying what Android may offer you.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site

SD Card. Case closed. Forget the internal storage.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs