Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts

Default Visual voicemail

Does the galaxy s5 have a build in visual voicemail like the iPhones do? I'm not familiar with android devices, let alone samsung so I have no idea how to help my wife set it up if it does have it. We are with AT&T and I see it has a messaging app which will allow for visual voicemail, but it's also built in with regular SMS text and requires the user to make THAT app the default texting app in order for visual voicemail to work. That's bunk.

Default Re: Visual voicemail

I think you can use Google Voice for visual voicemail. (I'm using the Aio app for vv since I have Aio and it's free.)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fatfury View Post
    Does the galaxy s5 have a build in visual voicemail like the iPhones do? I'm not familiar with android devices, let alone samsung so I have no idea how to help my wife set it up if it does have it. We are with AT&T and I see it has a messaging app which will allow for visual voicemail, but it's also built in with regular SMS text and requires the user to make THAT app the default texting app in order for visual voicemail to work. That's bunk.
    Just turn off the AT&T apps that comes pre installed , just go to settings and Application Manager and look for all those apps and turn them off, then look for AT&T visual voice mail on the Play Store, it's pretty easy and straight forward.
    Thanked by:

What are the att apps that are on preinstalled, so these apps are running at all times? Using memory and battery?

I downloaded the AT&T visual voicemail app and it works just like the visual voicemail on my old iPhone, just its a separate app

Global Posts
    595 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xmostwanted559x View Post
    What are the att apps that are on preinstalled, so these apps are running at all times? Using memory and battery?
    Follows my instructions above on how to get to the apps, and everything you see with the att name just decide if you will use it or not, most likely you won't.