What I have learned about Samsung quality control

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Samsung phones have great features, but bad quality control, especially on the S5. I have seen three S5s and all of them have had chips in the bezel(not big ones but noticeable depending on lighting). Then there was the first S5 I had to return with a very visible scratch on the bottom. When you are paying $600 for a device, it should be perfect.

I love the phone, but I guess I will have to get used to the cosmetic imperfections.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hummm. I tend to inspect my "new" smartphone, no matter the brand before I leave the store. I have had ZERO problems with my two Samsung devices (S3 and Note3).

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Maybe i am just too picky then. And in my area, Verizon doesn't let you buy phones in the store full retail so I am stuck with online

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
When I was the 1st person in Best Buy on the 11th. They setup the phone and handed it to me and I went straight to the Samsung Rep.
He downloaded everything from my iCloud account on Best Buys Wi Fi.

My phone screamed. and continues to do so on my Wi Fi that is slower.
It worked better on AT&T's Signal than my iPhone 5 or the OL's iPhone 5S.
I am in a very bad place to get a signal.
Would go to Verizon who has a stronger signal. But their plans, especially their Data plans. Are just TOOOOO expensive. Can't afford them being retired.
Makes me remember when I worked and had Verizon. Highest plans on a phone that you can use .

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
And in my area, Verizon doesn't let you buy phones in the store full retail so I am stuck with online

Can't you buy full retail from BestBuy?! I understand your frustration because I would want my BRAND NEW device to be immaculate as well.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Can't you buy full retail from BestBuy?! I understand your frustration because I would want my BRAND NEW device to be immaculate as well.

Yes you can

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Samsung phones have great features, but bad quality control, especially on the S5. I have seen three S5s and all of them have had chips in the bezel(not big ones but noticeable depending on lighting). Then there was the first S5 I had to return with a very visible scratch on the bottom. When you are paying $600 for a device, it should be perfect.

I love the phone, but I guess I will have to get used to the cosmetic imperfections.

This is sounding like "ScratchGate" from the first black iPhone 5 :( I went through about 5-7 units (iPhone 5) and everyone of them had a scratch or ding right out of the box.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes but the best buys don't price match full retail around here

There is no exclusion in best buy price match policy. Ask them why they won't pm, and if it is corporate policy. They will probably say yes. Then ask them to show you the policy.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...00.c%3Fid%3Dpcmcat297300050000&token=xvMXtEb8

They could be just trying to weasel their way out. I had a problem when I was getting my note 2, but in the end they did let me pm

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...hen-they-turn-you-down-first-second-time.html

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
IN NYC though, the Best Buy stores know that the Verizon stores WILL NOT sell you a phone full retail. I have tried this with the Best Buy Price Match Policy and have gotten nowhere.

Outside NYC, it may be different.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
IN NYC though, the Best Buy stores know that the Verizon stores WILL NOT sell you a phone full retail. I have tried this with the Best Buy Price Match Policy and have gotten nowhere.

Outside NYC, it may be different.

Where in NYC are the stores you speak of?? I live in NYC and yes, there are some stores that won't honor the price match for whatever reason. Their loss. I simply go to another store. There are A LOT of BB's in NYC Willy! Just keep trying others.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I also noticed a few nicks in the bezel, but they are microscratches and will eventually come with daily use so I can care less

-Sent from Tapatalk

undergrad

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
My first phone was DOA and I just got my replacement on Tuesday. Sadly there is a dent in the bezel of my new device. It's not large by any means, but like you said it shouldn't be there. Now I have to go back to the store and try and get it replaced... AGAIN

brianjsw

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I returned mine because of a scuff on the chrome painted bezel on the top by the volume button. Ordered a replacement and it also has a scuff just about an inch lower down than on my first one. It's a feature I guess!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Maybe i am just too picky then. And in my area, Verizon doesn't let you buy phones in the store full retail so I am stuck with online

You should be able to buy them in a Verizon Corporate store. I bought mine full retail at my local store. They just require it to be active before it leaves the store.

Not sure about the privately owned Verizon stores, they may be different.

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any cosmetic issues with my Samsung phone or tablet but just wait till you need technical support...I think they only hire Jr high drop outs :eek: I'd heard horror stories before but didn't believe it could be that bad. It's THAT bad!

kitersin

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
In my country, once we buy our phone outright, we are stuck with it, unless it is declared DOA. So, if you buy a phone with cosmetic imperfections, you are stuck with it. I just picked up my new white S5, and it has the micro-scratches around the bezel and two larger scratches on the home button. I requested with the manager to open another box because the in-store model looked in better condition, but I was advised they will not do this unless the item is DOA because it is too much hassle for them to get a 'credit' back from Samsung.

The only exception we have, is if you buy an iPhone from Apple (must be from an Apple store). They have a 14 day, no questions asked return/refund policy. If you buy the iPhone from elsewhere, Apple will just exchange it for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza