New to Android / Samsung / Galaxy s5

vlstewart56

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I am a newbie to Android and am feeling overwhelmed. I got my Galaxy s5 three days ago, coming from an iPhone and a Blackberry before that. I'm pretty much lost as to how to use this thing. I did find the user manual online (249 pages). Short of reading every technical page in this manual is there someplace online that walks you through using this smartphone? Someplace that can tell me what it is capable of and how best to utilize the features? I love the size of the phone and the display screen. Those are the reasons I moved from iPhone to Galaxy s5 but now I am not feeling so confident that this was my best idea yet.

Any advice for an old dog trying to come up to speed with "the kids" today?

Thanks!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
There are probably a ton of video tutorials on YouTube. I know it can be overwhelming the first few days! :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much every question you can think of has been asked somewhere on these forums -- use advanced search and you could probably find answers.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I am a newbie to Android and am feeling overwhelmed. I got my Galaxy s5 three days ago, coming from an iPhone and a Blackberry before that. I'm pretty much lost as to how to use this thing. I did find the user manual online (249 pages). Short of reading every technical page in this manual is there someplace online that walks you through using this smartphone? Someplace that can tell me what it is capable of and how best to utilize the features? I love the size of the phone and the display screen. Those are the reasons I moved from iPhone to Galaxy s5 but now I am not feeling so confident that this was my best idea yet.

Any advice for an old dog trying to come up to speed with "the kids" today?

Thanks!

What are you needing help with specifically? I know I'll try to help and so will many many others on here

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Just stick with it and play with the phone. Go through some of the settings and you'll see a lot of the features there. As far as basic phone functions (talking, texting, emailing, etc.) those will be similar to your iPhone. But you will soon discover how much more customizable those features are.

I'm a developer and go through many phones, and I still say "I didn't know it could do that" when I come across a feature I've never seen before.

Like Mandy said, just go through these forums. Not just Samsung, but check out the HTC One forum. There are plenty of iPhone users that are switching to Android because of these two phones, and probably have the same questions you do.

Don't give up on it! You will soon wonder why you didn't switch to Android sooner.