- 1 Posts
New to Android / Samsung / Galaxy s5
I am a newbie to Android and am feeling overwhelmed. I got my Galaxy s5 three days ago, coming from an iPhone and a Blackberry before that. I'm pretty much lost as to how to use this thing. I did find the user manual online (249 pages). Short of reading every technical page in this manual is there someplace online that walks you through using this smartphone? Someplace that can tell me what it is capable of and how best to utilize the features? I love the size of the phone and the display screen. Those are the reasons I moved from iPhone to Galaxy s5 but now I am not feeling so confident that this was my best idea yet.
Any advice for an old dog trying to come up to speed with "the kids" today?
- 04-15-2014, 10:37 PM #2
- 04-15-2014, 10:39 PM #3
- 04-16-2014, 12:02 AM #4
- 04-16-2014, 01:13 AM #5
Re: New to Android / Samsung / Galaxy s5
Just stick with it and play with the phone. Go through some of the settings and you'll see a lot of the features there. As far as basic phone functions (talking, texting, emailing, etc.) those will be similar to your iPhone. But you will soon discover how much more customizable those features are.
I'm a developer and go through many phones, and I still say "I didn't know it could do that" when I come across a feature I've never seen before.
Like Mandy said, just go through these forums. Not just Samsung, but check out the HTC One forum. There are plenty of iPhone users that are switching to Android because of these two phones, and probably have the same questions you do.
Don't give up on it! You will soon wonder why you didn't switch to Android sooner.
- By Jdt0109 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 21Last Post: 11-26-2014, 10:19 PM
- By willypguy in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 19Last Post: 05-09-2014, 11:29 PM
- By Wottabugga in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 04-16-2014, 02:07 AM
- By here4kids in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 04-15-2014, 11:08 PM
- By Shabab Huq in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 04-15-2014, 10:12 PM