- Junior Member
- 1 Posts
Can't save any downloads
got my new Verizon Galaxy S5. When I try to save any medium to large size files, it fails, saying there is "insufficient space available". I have over 6 GB free space on the system card.
I added a 32 GB microsd card from an old phone and let the S5 reformat the card. I was able to transfer a couple .mp4 movies to the new empty card and they play back fine. However, again when I try to save any downloads and try to select the new sd card it says "can't find file or directory. please make sure your SD card is ready, and USB mass storage is turned off". ?????
How do I clear these 2 issues?
- 04-16-2014, 08:31 AM #2
- 04-16-2014, 12:04 PM #3
Re: Can't save any downloads
Other than photos, I don't know what else you can get an app to write to external SD anymore. KitKat breaks the write to SD functionality, unfortunately. You can save to internal storage and then move the files with the stock file manager.
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
- 04-16-2014, 12:41 PM #4
- By nlarson467 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 04-16-2014, 09:08 PM
- By Kevin O'Quinn in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 04-15-2014, 09:30 PM
- By raj patel7 in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 04-15-2014, 08:31 PM
- By B0WIE in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 2Last Post: 04-15-2014, 08:19 PM
- By raj patel7 in forum HTC One Google EditionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-15-2014, 08:01 PM