Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't save any downloads

got my new Verizon Galaxy S5. When I try to save any medium to large size files, it fails, saying there is "insufficient space available". I have over 6 GB free space on the system card.

I added a 32 GB microsd card from an old phone and let the S5 reformat the card. I was able to transfer a couple .mp4 movies to the new empty card and they play back fine. However, again when I try to save any downloads and try to select the new sd card it says "can't find file or directory. please make sure your SD card is ready, and USB mass storage is turned off". ?????

How do I clear these 2 issues?

Default Re: Can't save any downloads

You can try downloading es file explorer and use it to handle the download and see if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Other than photos, I don't know what else you can get an app to write to external SD anymore. KitKat breaks the write to SD functionality, unfortunately. You can save to internal storage and then move the files with the stock file manager.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts

I have this problem when i use Dolphin, whenever I try to download a file it says insufficient storage space. When I use the stock browser there's no problem at all, I just downloaded a 70MB file with it. Very odd.