Does The Phone Come WIth A Micro SD Card Installed Or Is That Something You Have To Buy?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
With only 16 gigs os space (probably more like 11 gigs useable) it seems like it should be something that all these phones are going to be using.

Any recommendations/inks for a good 64 gig micro SD card?

StarkillerFIN

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
With only 16 gigs os space (probably more like 11 gigs useable) it seems like it should be something that all these phones are going to be using.

It doesn't come with a micro SD card. The internal storages on Galaxys are often called with names like "sdcard0" though, so it might confuse some people.

Posted via GT-N7100 Note II

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

You have to buy it. I like Sandisk. Some have had problems with them but YMMV. I've had problems with all others other than Sandisk so thats why I stick with them.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
You have to buy it. I like Sandisk. Some have had problems with them but YMMV. I've had problems with all others other than Sandisk so thats why I stick with them.
I notice there are any number of different micro SD cards with different designations, etc....even within one manufacturer like Sandisc. Could you explain the differences or recommend which "level" of micro SD car will work optimally with this phone?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I notice there are any number of different micro SD cards with different designations, etc....even within one manufacturer like Sandisc. Could you explain the differences or recommend which "level" of micro SD car will work optimally with this phone?

There are different classes of sd cards, class indicates speed. So class 10 is the fastest class. But even within class 10, some cards are faster than others. Really for normal use, a class 10 from any reputable manufacturer from a reputable source is fine.

As word of warning, if you are buying from Amazon.com, make sure that it is sold by Amazon.com and not by a third party.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Class 10

Posted via Android Central App

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Who has a SD card already for theirs? Might buy one at target today but a sandisk. Anyone had corruptions issues with using a non samsung? Like on the S4s

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Who has a SD card already for theirs? Might buy one at target today but a sandisk. Anyone had corruptions issues with using a non samsung? Like on the S4s

I've used SanDisk for some time. Highly recommend you get a Class 10. Get one with the highest capacity your can spring for. I personally use a 64gb card with zero issues.

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I've used SanDisk for some time. Highly recommend you get a Class 10. Get one with the highest capacity your can spring for. I personally use a 64gb card with zero issues.

I have a SanDisk class 10 64 for my galaxy tab .making sure a phone I don't have issue with it and it's just a reliable

Might go 32 on phone

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a SanDisk class 10 64 for my galaxy tab .making sure a phone I don't have issue with it and it's just a reliable

Might go 32 on phone

I would go with 128gb on any device this year if you can afford it! I have a SD 64gb c10 on my S3 for 2 years now with no corruption issues. Only problems I've had is when I've dropped my phone, the card tends to slightly dislodge causing it to disconnect. Its happened 3 times within the 2 years I've had my device so far. Now, if you have apps and/or app data on your sd card, that is most likely what is causing problems for many with sd cards. Keep you apps and app data in your internal memory and your multimedia files on your sd card. If you find yourself needing to move apps and/or app data to your sd card, then you're in need of more internal space on your device.

xmostwanted559x

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I would go with 128gb on any device this year if you can afford it! I have a SD 64gb c10 on my S3 for 2 years now with no corruption issues. Only problems I've had is when I've dropped my phone, the card tends to slightly dislodge causing it to disconnect. Its happened 3 times within the 2 years I've had my device so far. Now, if you have apps and/or app data on your sd card, that is most likely what is causing problems for many with sd cards. Keep you apps and app data in your internal memory and your multimedia files on your sd card. If you find yourself needing to move apps and/or app data to your sd card, then you're in need of more internal space on your device.

Money isn't the issue I thought my 64 for my tab was too much. Only thing I use it for is pictures. Thinking 32 is more than enough for photos

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site

Nope not me. On my S2 & S4 no problems with SanDisk and PNY. 4000 songs and about 1500 pics still kicking. Enjoy

Posted via Android Central App

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Money isn't the issue I thought my 64 for my tab was too much. Only thing I use it for is pictures. Thinking 32 is more than enough for photos

I use my Sd card mainly for music. I download A LOT of DJ mixes that are anywhere between an hour to 3 hours long. These damn files add up and I'm constantly erasing to make room for new content. My Music folder is currently at 39.8gb. I also carry HD movies so I can either watch on my phone or an HDTV when I'm away from home. These range anywhere between 1.2gb to 8gb. If 32gb is enough for you then you are golden! Just remember not to move apps and/or app data to the sd card....nothing but problems.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Is that where a lot of problems arise. Is transend, Sony or Polaroid compatible

Those should be compatible but their reliability and durability is questionable in my opinion. I've tried PNY and Kingston from Newegg and I've had read/write issues with them with previous devices. Others claim to have had success with them so I guess its hit or miss with them.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888