Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default polaris

I was told to download polaris to view microsoft documents and it won't open excel spreadsheet. It will only open word. Can anyone help or tell me about another app i can use to open microsoft documents

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: polaris

Libre office

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I downloaded this and it downloads abd app called libro office not libre office and still doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by ruvamister86 View Post
    I was told to download polaris to view microsoft documents and it won't open excel spreadsheet. It will only open word. Can anyone help or tell me about another app i can use to open microsoft documents

You can try out Microsoft Office Mobile at Google Play Store, is a free app. You must have a Microsoft email, Hotmail or Outlook. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

are you using a .xlsm or a .xlsx Excel file?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Its xlsm file, tried that microsoft office app too and it won't let me register my outlook address because i don't have permission. I use the outlook email address for work so really need to find out what to do! Thanks for all the help so far and any more advice is welcome

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

As mnuttall87 asked, it is likely that the spreadsheet file would be the one like .xlsx, .xlsm or something like that. AFAIK, the standard MS office file formats such as .xls, .doc, .ppt were turned to license-free and went to public by Microsoft. But the extended MS Office formats generated from the latest MS Office whose file extensions have 'x' or something at the end as .xlsx, .docx, .pptx, etc. are not public yet. Third party apps like Polaris will have no problem for the standard files but it's not guaranteed for the extended formats from the latest versions of MS Office like Office 2013.

Try out Microsoft Office Mobile as emilioaponte wrote. Or in case the file is from your friends or direct acquaintances, ask them to save the file in the .xls format and to share the file. Some functions included in the file from the latest Office, if any, will not be maintained if saved in old file format but there's no differences in most cases.

I use documents to go app

-Sent from Tapatalk