Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Smart Alerts Not Working S5

I have experienced this feature on my gfs S4 so I know how it is supposed to work, but I have smart alerts turned on in the settings of my S5 but they do not seem to be working. I have not tested it with a missed called yet, but it says it works with messages and other notifications but it does not vibrate when I pick it up. Are there any other settings that might be affecting this? I do have the vibration turn on and up pretty high, and I even enabled vibrate during ringing just to be safe. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Smart Alerts Not Working S5

I have the same issue, it appears (based on various forum searching) that this is a KitKat issue, affecting multiple phones/carriers

Posted via Android Central App

same issue here....plus dont know how make more space on my internal memory,it get full w every download.

I'm new to Android after living in my Apple world. Do the carriers push updates regularly to the latest google os to fix all these issues?

for small issues yes they do ..big updates takes a while.

Quote Originally Posted by lou380 View Post
    for small issues yes they do ..big updates takes a while.
    Thank you!

Glad I found this thread so I know it's not just me or my phone. I'm having the same issues and I just tested it with a missed call and a text. In both cases, I didn't get any vibrations when picking up the phone. I hope this and other little issues get resolved soon with KitKat. This phone is darn near perfect!

Update:
    Downloaded an app called sensor tester which has an option to calibrate the accelerometer, smart alert suddenly works!

Don't think that's just a fluke hopefully that works for you all

Hello acaringola. Which sensor tester app did you download? I just downloaded 3 or so all with that same name. Can you please provide the maker of the app or a screenshot of the icon so I can find the same one? Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CBug70 View Post
    Hello acaringola. Which sensor tester app did you download? I just downloaded 3 or so all with that same name. Can you please provide the maker of the app or a screenshot of the icon so I can find the same one? Thank you!!!
    This is the one I used, under the menu (long press the app switch soft key) and go to more sensors and pick the accelerometer, once selected it should prompt you to calibrate or you can navigate to the settings menu again and select calibrate.

I followed the above instructions per another forum post out there and my smart alert just randomly started working

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Smart Alerts Not Working S5-screenshot_2014-05-12-20-58-25.jpg  
    nonie and Krystle Martin like this.

Is it just me or you can not wave your hand over the top of the phone anymore like on the s4 to make it show you what notifications you have? ??

Posted via SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

I downloaded this app but cannot get past the first screen (white screen / senor test). There's no "menu" button.

I tried downloading the Sensor Tester that was recommended in the forum but it won't show me a "menu" button. I can't get past the white screen that says "Sensor Tester" on it.

To get to the menu button, press and hold the bottom left button (running tasks) if you are in an app you get the menu options, or if you are not in an app it works like previous models did...

I have the Galaxy s5 so I just want to make sure we're talking about the same phone.

Yes, we are talking about the Samsung Galaxy S5.
    Just press the button...

Quote Originally Posted by larrykay View Post
    Yes, we are talking about the Samsung Galaxy S5.
    Just press the button...

Thank you. How long does it take to run?

I'm having the same issue on my newly upgrade this month whigh is a samsung galaxy A5 glad it's not my phone that's wrong here hope they create a fix for smart alert and the palm over the screen to mute your device isn't working for me either...

I am using a samsung Galaxy A5 and am experiencing what others are here on the forum are samsung maybe aware of this and are they maybe producing a fix/patch for this?