Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does a complete backup solution exist?

What I'm looking for is a backup solution that will not only restore ALL my apps, but also restore my home page, my folders, and the apps therewithin.

Does this solution exist?

Global Posts
    31,645 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Does a complete backup solution exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Thiscrapsucks35 View Post
    What I'm looking for is a backup solution that will not only restore ALL my apps, but also restore my home page, my folders, and the apps therewithin.

Does this solution exist?
    Does the app data matter, or no? If not, Nova is a third party launcher that can back up your setup. It won't restore your apps, that's up to Google.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No, the app data doesn't matter. I know that I would need to log into each app and add my credentials. I just get tired of having to MANUALLY reset my wallpaper, app folders, and all 3rd party apps.

Global Posts
    31,645 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Thiscrapsucks35 View Post
    No, the app data doesn't matter. I know that I would need to log into each app and add my credentials. I just get tired of having to MANUALLY reset my wallpaper, app folders, and all 3rd party apps.
    Nova's backup saves most of that. I just can't remember if it saves the wallpaper.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

MyBackup can backup home screen stuff, but it's sketchy. I've heard Titanium works well but it requires root, which I have never done, so you'd have to ask others. In short, however, I am not aware of an imaging app, which would be cool....take an image of your phone and restore it to another (or post reset). Probably some major architecture issues with that, though.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Apple has had this, IMO, basic functionality for a long time. I'm surprised Android still doesn't have it.

Use titanium backup

-Sent from Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

The paid version of Titanium Backup doesn't seem to have good recent reviews, and your phone needs to be rooted?