Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Messages vs Message+

    Noob question. I've been using Message+ because it's the first one I clicked on.

    For veteran users - is there any reason to use one over the other, or am I overthinking it?

    Thanks
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Messages vs Message+

    I'm also a noob, coming from a galaxy nexus to the s5. The first thing I noticed is the customization avaliable with messages that wasn't available with message+. So far that's the only difference I notice.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Messages vs Message+

    I use hangouts

    Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Messages vs Message+

    Quote Originally Posted by hardrocker89 View Post
    I use hangouts

    Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Thinking about using hangouts too. I've pretty much resigned myself to Google owning me anyway, might as well go all in. Wasn't sure how well it worked for SMS/MMS so I haven't yet.


    Message+ seems like the Verizon thing? That was default but I switched it back to messages mainly because of familiarity and the ability to customize my message background.


    Messages vs Message+-screenshot_2014-04-16-12-11-07.png
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Messages vs Message+

    Verizon Messages is awesome. It works on phone, tablet, web...... send and receive SMS/MMS regardless of the phone's OS.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Messages vs Message+

    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Verizon Messages is awesome. It works on phone, tablet, web...... send and receive SMS/MMS regardless of the phone's OS.
    web? What exactly is it texting to on the web?


    I guess it makes sense if you use multiple devices, but even if I had a tablet it'd probably be tethered to the phone so..
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Messages vs Message+

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceetar View Post
    web? What exactly is it texting to on the web?


    I guess it makes sense if you use multiple devices, but even if I had a tablet it'd probably be tethered to the phone so..
    I can go to Verizon's Messages Webpage, login, then send or receive SMS messages. Once you authorize Verizon Messages on your phone, the web site becomes available for use as well. I currently use the Verizon Messages app on my S5, iPad, Chromebook (via web page) and Macbook Pro Retina (via web page). All access and all synced..... and best of all. All free.

    The iPad, Chromebook and Mac dont have to be tethered to my phone... just wifi will do.
  8. #8  
    dataz722's Avatar

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

    Default Re: Messages vs Message+

    Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    I can go to Verizon's Messages Webpage, login, then send or receive SMS messages. Once you authorize Verizon Messages on your phone, the web site becomes available for use as well. I currently use the Verizon Messages app on my S5, iPad, Chromebook (via web page) and Macbook Pro Retina (via web page). All access and all synced..... and best of all. All free.

    The iPad, Chromebook and Mac dont have to be tethered to my phone... just wifi will do.
    I had pretty much ignored message+ but that has me sold on it, to at least try it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-22-2014, 04:15 AM
  2. Settings for Messaging
    By pds56 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 11:30 AM
  3. how to be able to preview text message notifications
    By nelliegrl in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 08:03 PM
  4. Gear 2 - GMail messages getting combined
    By Lance Kriegsfeld in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 Neo
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 06:38 PM

Posting Permissions