SD Card recognized but unable to format.
So I just got my GS5 and bought a 64gb SD card from sandisk certified for Android. So anyways I drop in a few songs to test it and it works fine. Now I am unable to format or unmount my sd card. The buttons are grayed out. Anyone know whats going on or how to fix this issue?
- 04-17-2014, 12:34 PM #2
- 07-23-2015, 08:28 PM #3
Re: SD Card recognized but unable to format.
Okay I know this is an old post, but I just upgraded the 32gb card to a 64gb and had the same issue, what you need to do is mount the card (best when the phone is off, trust me!!!!) and boot up the phone without it being plugged in via the USB. From what I can see if you have the usb plugged in the phone is mounted to your computer (in this case I was plugged into my PC) and access to the micro sd is blocked. Hope this helps someone out there!
- By Civuck in forum Samsung Gear 2 & Gear 2 NeoReplies: 5Last Post: 01-24-2017, 12:33 AM
- By kasperkyd in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 5Last Post: 04-16-2014, 02:45 PM
- By bill lynott in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 04-16-2014, 10:38 AM
- By chuckd05 in forum HTC One M8Replies: 1Last Post: 04-16-2014, 09:56 AM
- By dorlisa in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 0Last Post: 04-16-2014, 09:45 AM