Nova Prime worth it?

Dat_Guy_Rey

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Been using nova launcher last couple of days and like it very much. Been debating whether or not its worth getting the extra features or not. Or if there is another launcher with more features.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Been using nova launcher last couple of days and like it very much. Been debating whether or not its worth getting the extra features or not. Or if there is another launcher with more features.

If you like the free version, go for the prime. Check out at Google Play Store ; Holo Launcher HD its free, Apex Launcher got free and prime versions. If you want something extra fancy check Next Launcher.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If you like the free version, go for the prime. Check out at Google Play Store ; Holo Launcher HD its free, Apex Launcher got free and prime versions. If you want something extra fancy check Next Launcher.

Wow, Next Launcher is $16.99?? Have you used it?

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Wow, Next Launcher is $16.99?? Have you used it?

When Next Launcher was release, let see I got an HTC ONE X+ at that time and the cost of the app was $19.99. I got a lot of prime launchers, Nova, Apex, TSF, ADW, Action. The funny thing is that the one I used , my favorite is free, Holo Launcher HD.

StarkillerFIN

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I think even the gestures are worth it so it really is. Not forgetting customizable icons and screen grid. I like to swipe up to get to the app drawer.

Posted via GT-N7100 Note II

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Nova Prime is worth it for the swipe up secondary function. So for instance, if I tap my Dolphin shortcut it opens Dolphin, but if I swipe up on the icon, it launches Chrome. Swipe up works on folders and even shortcuts within folders. This is why I never need to leave my default home screen for anything other than some widgets.

TemporalBeef

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Not to mention being able to hide apps (ie Bloatware) in your app drawer that you wouldn't normally be able to hide, and don't want to root. Very nice feature and worth the $ IMHO.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
When Next Launcher was release, let see I got an HTC ONE X+ at that time and the cost of the app was $19.99. I got a lot of prime launchers, Nova, Apex, TSF, ADW, Action. The funny thing is that the one I used , my favorite is free, Holo Launcher HD.

Can you briefly summarize the benefits of Holo Launcher HD relative to the others, particularly Nova? Like the OP, I am struggling with whether to buy the Nova Prime and certainly don't want to if I ended up liking another launcher more, especially since TouchWiz really aint that bad.

TIA

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Can you briefly summarize the benefits of Holo Launcher HD relative to the others, particularly Nova? Like the OP, I am struggling with whether to buy the Nova Prime and certainly don't want to if I ended up liking another launcher more, especially since TouchWiz really aint that bad.

TIA

I have Nova Prime but would also like to know the difference between Holo.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
for me it's worth it just for the gesture features. I use most of the swipes to quickly open apps and love the double tap to turn off (Screen off app).

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought next launcher over a year ago, and haven't looked back since. The only problem I have with it, is that it's not that easy to figure out how to change the settings. And the makers are Chinese, and sometimes it's hard to understand them. (They have a facebook page and are constantly updating and responding to issues which is a good thing)

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

TIA

First of all very low in MB consumption, if your S5 is 16GB internal memory this is a good thing. Second in the app drawer the text of the icons can be color customized, not with Nova or Apex. Third if your phone is running a Snapdragon ,800 or 801 as the S5, processor this thing is a fast thing with no lags. Nova Prime is a great launcher, I think is just a cuestion of preference. Apex, ADW, Action prime versions are excellent launchers. Next Launcher is a groovy fancy sexy thing that consumes big amount of MB.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
First of all very low in MB consumption, if your S5 is 16GB internal memory this is a good thing. Second in the app drawer the text of the icons can be color customized, not with Nova or Apex. Third if your phone is running a Snapdragon ,800 or 801 as the S5, processor this thing is a fast thing with no lags. Nova Prime is a great launcher, I think is just a cuestion of preference. Apex, ADW, Action prime versions are excellent launchers. Next Launcher is a groovy fancy sexy thing that consumes big amount of MB.

Check out the screen shot.uploadfromtaptalk1397677251593.jpg

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Have Nova and Next prime versions of both. I love the customization of Next but the MB consumption is a little outta the limit I like to keep it at. I love Nova fast simple what else do you need. But to each his or her own.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I went with Nova Prime; used Holo for a long time but if I recall it was getting to be a pretty large program and I also noticed a lag as time went on.
I agree with everyone else regarding the great gestures, etc. I double tap the screen for settings, swipe down for Nova settings, up for Pandora......so much more.
Swiping up on the dock icons is also great. Because of this feature I only use two screens because I have 2 docks with a total 10 icons (programs) which in turn with the swipe up gives me 20 programs. All around nice launcher. Also, the support team at Nova is very responsive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez