Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My S5 wont connect to any of my Bluetooth devices!

Hello everyone,

Has anyone else have the problem when trying to sync a Bluetooth device to the phone that is doesn't find the device? I have tried syncing my phone to my car, and they don't see each other, I tried syncing my S5 phone with my JayBird wireless headset and still they don't pair.

Whats going on? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Jaime

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Default Re: My S5 wont connect to any of my Bluetooth devices!

You have to have discovery on not just BT when you are pairing
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by sjaduae View Post
    You have to have discovery on not just BT when you are pairing
    Besides check marking the box to scan for devices, is there a discovery button somewhere I'm not looking?

1. check box the Samsung phone to turn discovery on
    2. bottom of the screen, hit 'scan'
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ok I did that, and when its tries to discover for a device it says there is no devices near by, or something to that effect.

Many device's need to be set in the discoverable mode for thr first time when pairing.

Posted via Android Central App

All I want is my music to come through my Creative Labs 350 BT headphones when my SG5 says it's paired w/them. All I also want is for my music to play through my Insignia speakers when I plug them into my SG5 audio jack. I promise to meticulously execute your learned instructions...somebody...ANYBODY!!!?.. uhh, thank you.
    Katrina Barnes likes this.

I know. I am having the exact same problem. I have searched all week for an answer. VERY frustrating

me too!! and once I get them paired, I still have to manually sync the phone to my car EVERY time I get in it. So very frustrating. With my Note 3 it was automatic

I have an issue with my car.

It was flawless with my S3 but with my S5, it's awful. I can pair them, sync them etc but I can never seem to get a call to connect.

I have tried everything to get it work and it just won't.

A quick Google search has shown that it seems a common problem so I'm hoping they'll fix it with an update.

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by S5_GJH View Post
    I have an issue with my car.

It was flawless with my S3 but with my S5, it's awful. I can pair them, sync them etc but I can never seem to get a call to connect.

I have tried everything to get it work and it just won't.

A quick Google search has shown that it seems a common problem so I'm hoping they'll fix it with an update.

Never had a problem with my S5 and Audi or to my Sony laptop

if it paired it should show up in your BT settings

Okay...I have figured out why the S5 is not connecting as easily as my Iphone was. After you got to settings and you turn bluetooth on and then check the square box to make your phone discoverable before you hit scan make sure that the object that you are pairing with is in the pairing mode or else it will not pair with that device. I just did my car, my portable Bose speaker my plantronics headset...etc...etc.. all is working perfect!

Hope this helps everyone!
    Thanked by:
    sammyp228 likes this.

Couldn't connect my S5 to my Kenwood car stereo. It's an older unit, but I had no problem with my iPhone 5 or HTC One M7.

Sent from my GS5

I was able to connect my S5 to my car's bluetooth without any issues today.

Same problem here. My S5 connects to my car stereo but it won't connect to portable speakers or headsets. It just doesn't find them! It found my ipad, so it is not a problem with the BT itself! Can't find an answer to that! Anyone?

Hi Joseph, is it playing ok with your Bose speakers? I have no problem pairing up... but then it loses the connection after a minute or two. Sometimes it finds it straight away - so it just gives you half a second pause as it plays - sometimes it doesn't. It's a bit like listening to vinyls not high-tech digital music Would you know what is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime Salas View Post
    Hello everyone,

Has anyone else have the problem when trying to sync a Bluetooth device to the phone that is doesn't find the device? I have tried syncing my phone to my car, and they don't see each other, I tried syncing my S5 phone with my JayBird wireless headset and still they don't pair.

Whats going on? Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Jaime
    Me: mine was connecting perfectly to WiFi and Bluetooth and suddenly stopped now I can't get it to connect to anything & I've tried all of these suggestions in this Thread

UPDATE: I just tried force stopping ALL Bluetooth apps and clearing all their caches then tried to pair like they we brand new devices and connection made and working! YAY!
    Last edited by PirateTrucker; 07-07-2014 at 01:14 PM. Reason: new information

Have you tried discoverable mode? That was my first problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidAmberina View Post
    me too!! and once I get them paired, I still have to manually sync the phone to my car EVERY time I get in it. So very frustrating. With my Note 3 it was automatic
    Same with my s5!

I found the answer!!!

Hold the bluetooth button down on your Bose speaker while you are searching for it.

It is not good enough just to hit the button and connect if it does not see it.

Something about holding the button down while searching allows the phone to see it.

I am finally back in music!

I hope this helps!
    Thanked by:
    Florian Volery likes this.

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Reddehase View Post
    I found the answer!!!

Hold the bluetooth button down on your Bose speaker while you are searching for it.

It is not good enough just to hit the button and connect if it does not see it.

Something about holding the button down while searching allows the phone to see it.

I am finally back in music!

I hope this helps!
    Holding the button down put the speaker into pairing mode . It's a critical step that 's in the instruction booklet that comes with bluetooth devices .

Instructions we don't need know stinking instructions . LOL . Glad you figured it out .

Yep, I pressed and held the BT on my BOSE and it did work . Many thanks

You are brilliant Curtis!!!! Thank you so much!

Got myself the S5 yesterday and been struggling to get it to connect with my car radio. I tried everything here and it would not find the device.
    Went in and shortened the name of the phone by removing the (S5 Galaxy) from behind my name and suddenly it works. Perhaps there is a issue with the amount of characters being used in the "cellphone" name. It might sound strange, but worked for me.

Thank you so much for posting this fix. It solved the problem for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast