Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Hi , im a new android user , s5 is my first android ..

    i would like to ask , i cant download some program from the play strore , for example = whatsapp messenger / yahoo messenger.
    it keep stuck at the blue downloading bar.

    but i can download another program like Path / something else, can someone help me about it ..

    i already tried clear data , clear cache , factory reset, but it still wont work , i still cant download whatsapp / yahoo messenger .

    Thanks , sorry for my crappy english
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Need help please, because i need this program for my job
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Welcome to Android Central! How long has this been happening? Try waiting for a day or so, and trying again. Sometimes there can be a temporary problem with the server.

    When you say you cleared cache, do you mean the app cache for the Google Play Store, or the system cache partition?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Welcome to Android Central! How long has this been happening? Try waiting for a day or so, and trying again. Sometimes there can be a temporary problem with the server.

    When you say you cleared cache, do you mean the app cache for the Google Play Store, or the system cache partition?
    Hi , this is already 3 days since i bought this phone..
    i keep trying every few hour ..

    i try to clear cache and data from goggle play store, i tried to factory reset for 2 times already , and still didnt work..
    and i cant update some apps too.. untill now i cant update goggle browser and hangouts . the blue bar keep moving and saying downloading
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Quote Originally Posted by lerucy View Post
    Hi , im a new android user , s5 is my first android ..

    i would like to ask , i cant download some program from the play strore , for example = whatsapp messenger / yahoo messenger.
    it keep stuck at the blue downloading bar.

    but i can download another program like Path / something else, can someone help me about it ..

    i already tried clear data , clear cache , factory reset, but it still wont work , i still cant download whatsapp / yahoo messenger .

    Thanks , sorry for my crappy english
    I find it works better while hooked up to wifi. Unless you are in a smoking fast and stable LTE area. Hope this helps. Do a battery pull before you start again. Good luck.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Quote Originally Posted by lerucy View Post
    Hi , im a new android user , s5 is my first android ..

    i would like to ask , i cant download some program from the play strore , for example = whatsapp messenger / yahoo messenger.
    it keep stuck at the blue downloading bar.

    but i can download another program like Path / something else, can someone help me about it ..

    i already tried clear data , clear cache , factory reset, but it still wont work , i still cant download whatsapp / yahoo messenger .

    Thanks , sorry for my crappy english
    Also is your credit card saved in Google play in your account? Even free sometimes need it? Trying to help. Never had these issues on third generation Galaxy now.

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Quote Originally Posted by psp1232171 View Post
    I find it works better while hooked up to wifi. Unless you are in a smoking fast and stable LTE area. Hope this helps. Do a battery pull before you start again. Good luck.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Quote Originally Posted by psp1232171 View Post
    Also is your credit card saved in Google play in your account? Even free sometimes need it? Trying to help. Never had these issues on third generation Galaxy now.

    Posted via Android Central App
    im only using wifi for downloading , and my wifi seems got no problem. because i can download another program

    I didnt register my creditcard in my account . i think thats not a problem .
    because i already have my google chrome installed but i cant update it.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Could def be an issue for whatsapp. I just tried Yahoo messenger for a test and loaded in a sec. Maybe try to force stop abd clear cache for Google play services and turnoff and back on and it will reset the play services for you. Not sure. Haven't ever seen this in my S2,S3,S4 and now S5. Hope it works.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Quote Originally Posted by psp1232171 View Post
    Could def be an issue for whatsapp. I just tried Yahoo messenger for a test and loaded in a sec. Maybe try to force stop abd clear cache for Google play services and turnoff and back on and it will reset the play services for you. Not sure. Haven't ever seen this in my S2,S3,S4 and now S5. Hope it works.

    Posted via Android Central App
    what is abd ? sorry ,because im still new at android.. and i'll try to clear cache my google play service after see your reply.

    * oh you mean and , i'll try to do what you telling me to try.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Quote Originally Posted by lerucy View Post
    what is abd ? sorry ,because im still new at android.. and i'll try to clear cache my google play service after see your reply.

    * oh you mean and , i'll try to do what you telling me to try.
    Well when you set up the Google play account does it give you an option to bill to the carrier? Mine does on Sprint and that's how I pay for whatsapp (my 99cents just came due)

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Quote Originally Posted by lerucy View Post
    what is abd ? sorry ,because im still new at android.. and i'll try to clear cache my google play service after see your reply.

    * oh you mean and , i'll try to do what you telling me to try.
    Yes that was a typo "And"

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    i tried to follow your step , but it still wont work , i try to download yahoo messenger ,and still the same like before
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Quote Originally Posted by lerucy View Post
    i tried to follow your step , but it still wont work , i try to download yahoo messenger ,and still the same like before
    Try here to trouble shoot. I'm at a loss sorry. Hope you get it going.

    https://support.google.com/googlepla..._topic=3364672

    Posted via Android Central App
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Quote Originally Posted by psp1232171 View Post
    Try here to trouble shoot. I'm at a loss sorry. Hope you get it going.

    https://support.google.com/googlepla..._topic=3364672

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks for your response , i tried all the step from your link already , and still didnt work..
    Anyone else that can help me to solve my problem
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Try logging into google playstore on a PC and look up the apps and choose your phone as the device to install. It should automatically download it to your phone and install. Let us know if it still hangs when downloading to your phone.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Quote Originally Posted by redhat1001 View Post
    Try logging into google playstore on a PC and look up the apps and choose your phone as the device to install. It should automatically download it to your phone and install. Let us know if it still hangs when downloading to your phone.
    i tried already .
    its automaticaly download at my phone , but it still stuck at the downloading blue bar
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Maybe try a reset and use a different google account if you have one, and see if you get the same thing.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Quote Originally Posted by redhat1001 View Post
    Maybe try a reset and use a different google account if you have one, and see if you get the same thing.
    I've just triend to use another google acc , and still not working ..
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    help me , need this for my job
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Contact Google Play support.

    Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Tap on the download button and let it download.
    T.
    Ambassador @ iMore

    "With great power, comes great responsibility." - Uncle Ben
  22. #22  
    phish73's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    i had the same problem with my backup phone, samsung galaxy star.
    some apps like bbm, google drive could download no problems
    but whatsapp, airdroid, samsung push services would get stuck.
    tried everything including factory reset, and changing google accounts, still no luck
    in my main phone, the s5, i have no such issues. very weird. definitely something up with kit kat or maybe the google play store.

    what you can do is this:
    manually download the whatsapp APK from WhatsApp for Android
    and install it through airdroid or sd card.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Quote Originally Posted by phish73 View Post
    i had the same problem with my backup phone, samsung galaxy star.
    some apps like bbm, google drive could download no problems
    but whatsapp, airdroid, samsung push services would get stuck.
    tried everything including factory reset, and changing google accounts, still no luck
    in my main phone, the s5, i have no such issues. very weird. definitely something up with kit kat or maybe the google play store.

    what you can do is this:
    manually download the whatsapp APK from WhatsApp for Android
    and install it through airdroid or sd card.
    ya , it work via airdroid , but how bout if i want to update some apps like google chrome , did you have any other way ?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Need help please
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Cant download some apps at the playstore

    Try to reset date and time. Settings,Date and Time, Reset.

    Also, try resetting app preferences.

    Settings, Apps, All, tap the 3 dot menu button, Reset.

    This doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. Good luck.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Seems like I have no more use for the Note Pro 12.2
    By SHIVA77 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-01-2014, 08:37 PM
  2. What's the verdict on wood?
    By KWKSLVR in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 10:58 AM
  3. Probably the cutest flappy bird clone...you all will love it
    By wickedsunny01 in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 10:07 PM
  4. can I get this cheaper or the same price somewhere else?
    By Go Ogle in forum Samsung Galaxy S5 Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 09:56 PM
  5. Stock Default Messaging App Question
    By CrazyCamel369#AC in forum HTC One (M8)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2014, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions