- 2 Posts
Search only contacts with phone number?
I can't seem to find a way to change the default behavior of the Contacts app to search only for contacts that have a phone number.
My contacts are synchronized with my Google account and since Google saves all used emails as contacts (in the "Other Contacts" group), whenever I search for a contact in the phone I get a list of all the emails that also match my search. this is so annoying.
I enabled the option "Only contacts with phones" in the settings, but that seems only to affect the contacts that are displayed in the list, search is not affected by it.
I also tried changing the "Contacts to display" option to use a customized list and selecting only the desired group (My Contacts) from my Google account, but nothing was affected except for the list itself.
Does anyone know if there any way to change that behavior without installing a third party dialer app?
Last edited by Hadas N; 04-16-2014 at 05:03 PM.
- 04-16-2014, 05:26 PM #2
Re: Search only contacts with phone number?
The S5 guys will know for sure, but I believe that your only options in the stock dialer are those you've already tried. It's unfortunate that they only affect the display listings and not the search results...Ambassador Guides, Tips, and How-To's — Table of Contents
Softbricking be damned.
- By Michael Carson1 in forum Android 4.4 KitKatReplies: 1Last Post: 07-04-2014, 07:17 PM
- By King Kumar in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 2Last Post: 05-14-2014, 09:24 AM
- By cdg13 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 04-16-2014, 07:13 PM
- By unglued94ta in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 04-16-2014, 03:15 PM
- By eowyn1113 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 04-16-2014, 02:19 PM