Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Search only contacts with phone number?

I can't seem to find a way to change the default behavior of the Contacts app to search only for contacts that have a phone number.
    My contacts are synchronized with my Google account and since Google saves all used emails as contacts (in the "Other Contacts" group), whenever I search for a contact in the phone I get a list of all the emails that also match my search. this is so annoying.

I enabled the option "Only contacts with phones" in the settings, but that seems only to affect the contacts that are displayed in the list, search is not affected by it.
    I also tried changing the "Contacts to display" option to use a customized list and selecting only the desired group (My Contacts) from my Google account, but nothing was affected except for the list itself.

Does anyone know if there any way to change that behavior without installing a third party dialer app?

Thanks
    Last edited by Hadas N; 04-16-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Default Re: Search only contacts with phone number?

The S5 guys will know for sure, but I believe that your only options in the stock dialer are those you've already tried. It's unfortunate that they only affect the display listings and not the search results...