betterdroid

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Turn your Galaxy S5 into the ultimate universal remote

Everyone should watch out, this app is malware! It uploads and sells your email address - I started getting spam after I downloaded it, and I'm normally VERY protective with my email!
Also, this app seems to be a ripoff of other apps! The online #1 database is stolen from Galaxy Universal Remote by Moletag, UI and screenshots are stolen from Smart Remote by Tiger Colours and other apps! Just watch out is all I'm saying, there are other free apps that are much better.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

There's already a remote app on the phone. It works great on my TV and DVR.

Posted via Android Central App

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

Everyone should watch out, this app is malware! It uploads and sells your email address - I started getting spam after I downloaded it, and I'm normally VERY protective with my email!
Also, this app seems to be a ripoff of other apps! The online #1 database is stolen from Galaxy Universal Remote by Moletag, UI and screenshots are stolen from Smart Remote by Tiger Colours and other apps! Just watch out is all I'm saying, there are other free apps that are much better.

Yep..looking at the hooks in the apk for it...I'd dare say its malware at its finest...can we please ban the guy who created his account to spam this garbage?

betterdroid

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

Yep..looking at the hooks in the apk for it...I'd dare say its malware at its finest...can we please ban the guy who created his account to spam this garbage?
How do you do that? Is there a way to prevent it? Is there an antivirus app that would help?

killakumes

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

Yeah this is malware at it's finest. I hope no one gets tricked into downloading this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

jk175d

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

The onboard universal remote app says it can be programmed for tvs's stereos, etc... but the ONLY thing it gives me an option to set up is a TV. How do I configure for a stereo receiver or CD player?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

The onboard universal remote app says it can be programmed for tvs's stereos, etc... but the ONLY thing it gives me an option to set up is a TV. How do I configure for a stereo receiver or CD player?

Once you set up your TV go to settings then scroll down to my room. Then click add device

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

You could obviously tell by the post he was promoting the app - a red flag to me.

Don't take it the wrong way - I understand we all share info and recommend apps, but not to the extent this person went to.

Deanna Elizabeth

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site

I know this is an older post, but how did you program the galaxy smart remote to your DVR? It works fine with my tv, but I can't find anything about my DVR...