Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 5 day old S5 and the "Ok Google" feature has stopped working

The "Ok Google" feature to start Google search has stopped working, it did work for a couple of days but now it does not respond any more. It still goes to google search when I touch the search bar but not by saying "Ok Google. It is still turned on but not working, any one else having this problem?

Default Re: 5 day old S5 and the "Ok Google" feature has stopped working

Me too

Posted via Android Central App

Mic issue?

My "ok google" was working great when I first got the Galaxy S5. I installed several apps into it that I had on my S3 and missed them. Next thing I know my "ok google" wasn't working! I played around with shutting down or removing many apps but it still didn't work. Then it dawned on me, I also put back the missing app that the Galaxy S3 used to have called " Active Weather Wallpaper ". I changed the wallpaper to one of the stock ones in the phone and everything was working again. This app when running was blocking the "ok google" from listening.

Quote Originally Posted by JClintB View Post
    The "Ok Google" feature to start Google search has stopped working, it did work for a couple of days but now it does not respond any more. It still goes to google search when I touch the search bar but not by saying "Ok Google. It is still turned on but not working, any one else having this problem?

Have you all checked if you have the option on? I know that if may have worked and you haven't changed anything so you assumed that it should still working, but go to Google now (open Google search widget) and go to settings and open voice, and see if you have it turned under OK Google voice detection.

If it's on and is still not working then just go to settings, application manager and under All, look for Google now or search and clear cache, data and force stop it, then Reboot your phone.

I've turned it on recently in the settings to work from any screen including lock screen. Works really well but you have to have the language set to US english. I have turned it off now though because to be honest I never use it and I feel like it's probably using unnecessary battery

Do you have your Google now widget on the home screen?

Posted via Android Central App