Static on screen of S5

eauque

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Wow Amaze! Such Screen! Phone Working! People Helping! Wow!
I thought I had a brick in my hand but this fix worked!
Thank you so much!!
:):):)
Dang I love the Internet!!!
So much help here!

Last edited:

aryanm

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
i made an account just to thank you for your help, i didnt know what was wrong with the lag and slight static though it was a virus, downloaded Norton and it said my phone was clean so i tried restarting it and it stuck on the rainbow static screen, i thought my phone was done fore hahaha thank you so much man your a life saver.

mthomp63

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Signed up just to thank you. After searching youtube for over an hour and having no luck I thought I was going to be stuck buying a new phone. After about 10 tries my screen turned back to normal. Really appreciate the post

Nessuno Speciale

Jan 27, 2017
Visit site
Sorry but where would I find this heart rate sensor, or to hold down on? Or the flex ribbon... I can disassemble the phone and just connect it or re solder the connection... Thank you

caleb20k

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
I had same problem... I found the solution to my problem here:

Samsung Galaxy phone display Unresponsive or Black screen Fix - BlogTechTips

It was my freaking micro-SD card!!?? but the card itself works fine when inserted in to a computer... very strange.

Read the last paragraph in particular

Method 1.
1. Power off the phone and make sure it’s completely powered down.
2. Remove the back cover and remove the battery.
3. Hold down the power button for about 1-2 minutes.
4. Leave the phone for 10 minutes or so, go take a walk or something.
5. After the time has passed power on the phone again and that should be enough to restore things to normal including touch or remove the black screen issue completely.

If it fails the first time repeat the process and as an extra step remove the SIM card and MicroSD card from your phone as you attempt the procedure and then attempting to power up again.

Stephiixx

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
Thank you so much EthanJWarburton.. i signed up to thankyou as well.. same thing had happened to my samsung gear s3 actually and i thought maybe this could help and it did.. it rebooted my watch and now its perfectly fine :) saved me alot of worry, time and money in repairing the screen! God Bless

sengs

May 10, 2017
Visit site
ohhhh EthanJ - It worked just fine.
you are awsome, I appreciate you attitude to help others, keep it up .
My son high school guy has dropped it and I was scolding him like anything as the phone was dead. Now I feel ashame it was not a big deal . I go back to him this evening and surpise him that I (!!!) fixed the problem... :)

you brought happiness in the family.... tons of thanks

Ipomoea Omilig

May 11, 2017
Visit site
I signed up just to thank you guys! My husband dropped his phone and we were worried about it and we knew how expensive the repair could be. Je was about to give up until I found this site and forum. We followed the instructions and failed a few times until I put the battery back and while pressing down under the heart rate sensor. I switched it on while putting pressure on that area and spoof! It worked! A few attempts may fail, but it eventually works! Thank you so very much!

conni60640

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
I also made an account to give my thanks! I dropped my phone (again) yesterday in the store. The screen was fine and it seemed to be working since I have a good shock resistant case. But after a half hour or so, I got the white static screen. I couldn't shut the phone off, so I ended up taking the battery out and then putting it back to reboot the phone. This worked for about ten minutes, when it did it again after going into sleep mode. Pulled the battery out and restarted again and I got a couple hours before it white screened and was going into a loop trying to reboot itself.

I was happy to find this thread since the problem sounded so similar (and I didn't want to price fixing a 2.5 year old phone, ugh). I have no idea what the heart rate is or where it is at, so that wasn't helpful to me. I found a youtube video of someone taking the front screen off of the S5, and it showed that the cable was at the top of the phone and that the ribbon connected up at the front left (looking down into the case with back off) above the battery section and just above the on/off button. I pressed those areas firmly here and there. I didn't hold it as hard as I could for 10 minutes as I'm just not that patient, although I would have tried again for longer if I had to. However, I'm happy to report that it did the trick, it's been working fine for over 12 hours. Fingers crossed it stays!

You can see the placement of the cable at about 1:05 in this video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ_rMo-AdKE

Anna O

Jun 25, 2019
Visit site
THIS TOTALLY WORKS! I've dropped my phone 3 times the first two times I just bashed it about a bit and it worked but this time it didn't so this morning though I already thought I was done for I searched up turns out there's a solution! Thanks sooooo much! I appreciate this so much if saved me from using my remaining teenaged months bored without a phone

Zahir Sadiq

Aug 23, 2019
Visit site
YUP it fixed ... thanks alot .... i tried pressing all.but remained i vein but when I pushed SD card deep inside after taking it out..... John Valace u r a logical saviour ... really i pissed off and started on Plan B repair new phone etc...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34