Anyone get Drama Mode to work on S5?

Dave S54Me

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I didn't own a S4, but Drama Mode with Burst was the way I was told to get the Famous multiple images into one shot (like the commerical with the guy jumping off the Diving Board). So has anyone figured out the steps for S5 because now drama mode is replaced with Shot &More and I can't get it to work. Having my kid run around doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in Advance.:'(

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I didn't own a S4, but Drama Mode with Burst was the way I was told to get the Famous multiple images into one shot (like the commerical with the guy jumping off the Diving Board). So has anyone figured out the steps for S5 because now drama mode is replaced with Shot &More and I can't get it to work. Having my kid run around doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in Advance.:'(

You just use Shot & More, take your picture then go to edit it and you will see the option, also, don't forget to download the additional features that were left by default, you download the other ones you want.

Dave S54Me

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Let me tell you he was pissed! Now, here's what I just figured out.. You said I use the Shot & More, but Burst is not ever on, it won't seem to let you.. So is that ok? Also I noticed that when I go tot he Gallery if I click Back and get to Albums then go to Studio I actually see all the options available. But anything else I do does not give me the Shot & More option ? Here's a screen shot. So you're saying I do the following...
1) select mode: Short & more
2) Save pics
3) click on Elispe option and pull up and see Image attached.
4) Select Shot & More from image below
5) Pray that I can actually select the photos I want of those taken to add to one Image with several shots of Kid in it.
6) Respond back and tell you are smarter than all the people working at 3 Sprint stores combined and the Samsung Chat Live person today.

BTW.. When you say additional features default I believe you are referring to the Download button which got me a few more options like Panorama, etc...Screenshot_2014-04-16-21-16-18.jpg

Update: Just tried shots of Dog movie around, then selected which ones I wanted and then Click on Studio Selected Shot & More (made sure that is the mode I was shooting in) and I still can't get one shot of the dog multiple pics in the shot :(

Last edited:

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Let me tell you he was pissed! Now, here's what I just figured out.. You said I use the Shot & More, but Burst is not ever on, it won't seem to let you.. So is that ok? Also I noticed that when I go tot he Gallery if I click Back and get to Albums then go to Studio I actually see all the options available. But anything else I do does not give me the Shot & More option ? Here's a screen shot. So you're saying I do the following...
1) select mode: Short & more
2) Save pics
3) click on Elispe option and pull up and see Image attached.
4) Select Shot & More from image below
5) Pray that I can actually select the photos I want of those taken to add to one Image with several shots of Kid in it.
6) Respond back and tell you are smarter than all the people working at 3 Sprint stores combined and the Samsung Chat Live person today.

BTW.. When you say additional features default I believe you are referring to the Download button which got me a few more options like Panorama, etc...View attachment 113009

Update: Just tried shots of Dog movie around, then selected which ones I wanted and then Click on Studio Selected Shot & More (made sure that is the mode I was shooting in) and I still can't get one shot of the dog multiple pics in the shot :(

The other 2 times I've tried this, I edit it right away, I've never go to the Studio option, but now for just seeing what you are seeing I did the same, I took a Shot & More picture, exit the camera app, went to the Gallery and select Studio, I can see the same than you, so up to there everything seems to be fine, problem is that I'm at home and don't have any way to take a Drama photo (For now) all pictures I can take here, only gives me the option of selecting the Best Photo, I assume is because it detects that there was no action on the pictures sequence, but as far as I can say, it's exactly the same options that I got when I took mine and edited them right at the moment, don't see why it shouldn't work the same given I have a good sequence of moving objects.

And yes, about the additional options I was talking about the ones you download, I downloaded the Sound and Shot, Surround shot, Sports and Animated photo options.

Dave S54Me

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I sure hope the S5 isn't broken when it comes to this mode. Sadly, the Sprint Folks couldn't get it to work.. I'll try again today and see if I can get the Boy to run around in the yard...

No I get this when he's running outside. I put it on Shot & More, but it still doesn't do anything that I can see. I even select which photos I want (with the little Crown Icon) and still nothing.. I may be too stupid to use this Mode... LOLScreenshot_2014-04-17-09-05-53.jpg

Last edited:

Dave S54Me

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
WOO HOO Now I got it to work after 10 minutes on the phone with Samsung who ALSO could NOT get it to work./I literally used my Finger and I held camera still and then Moved my Finger BACK and FORTH up and down across the screen and look at the options I get.. So perhaps my son my run around with his FINGER in the air....LOL Otherwise No clue how this person made it work. But at least I know the camera isn't broken....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5wAOeRUbME

Zendarzwei

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
WOO HOO Now I got it to work after 10 minutes on the phone with Samsung who ALSO could NOT get it to work./I literally used my Finger and I held camera still and then Moved my Finger BACK and FORTH up and down across the screen and look at the options I get

I've tried this several times, with no luck. I've only gotten it to work once
by dropping a key in front of the camera, but it dropped to fast so there isn't actually anything in the pictures...

Frank Ritikon

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
News?
Samsung doesn't answer anything and I get the drama shot twice after 10-15 shots. I think is stupid let the smarthphone select what to do with our photos.

mcomeau334

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I've actually got it to work consistently for about 3 times. It's all about speed, and focus. Using your finger, wave it around in focus, but make sure your moving pretty fast, and it will give you the option for drama shot. I tried in low light last night, and it did not work. It really has to be the right conditions. Good luck

throttlehappy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Good luck! What's next? You have to stand on one leg and shake it all about to get it to take a drama shot? Mine still won't work. There's no way it should be this difficult. There has to be something wrong with the software.

mcomeau334

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree, it shouldn't be this difficult. Especially if you are trying to capture a moment, and it doesn't work. They will have to update it to make it usable, otherwise, it's unreliable at best.

blwhydr0

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I got that **** to work!! SO ALL you do is focus on pullingvyout heads from your collective asses. JK. YO .... for real though I freaking got that moody as **** Drama Shot to work. What you do is,1.) First,you set it to either matrix or center weight metering in settings for shot and more.2.) Next you get the area that the action will occur in (the whole area needs to be in light and focus)3.) Next hold camera steady and when the action is going to begin press the capture button. 4.) Hold the damn thing still, look with your eyes not camera. Try not to follow action with can. 5.) Next it will say capturing with ..........and or circular arrows. {AT THIS POINT IT WILL STILL SAY NOTHING ABOUT THE DRAMA SHOT. JUST CAPTURING OR WORKING OR SOME SIMILAR **** LIKE THAT.} 6.) Finally: it will say finished or done capturing or maybe nothing then it flashes and the shot and more pic editor deal comes up and the choices of best pic, drama shot & eraser sub modes are able to be selected. [ In addition try to make sure the action will happen across the view of camera, like mostly or all the way in focus.] In one more tip AdultSwims DeathClock is funny as hell. I have a t_100, nexus 2nd generation 32mg+ gs5. That plus the Mighty Gaines in Aug... life's good...beach and sunny g00d here's the pic yeah buddy!ii!ii!

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-02-00-14-15.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-02-00-14-15.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 54

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I've gotten Drama and Panning shot to work... I think the trick is don't record too close to the object, the farther back you are, the more chance u will get it
uploadfromtaptalk1401765374669.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401765404655.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401765404655.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 37

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Way to go smooth4lyfe! I still haven't gotten Drama to work and can't get any of the options in Shot and More to work except Best Face. Admittedly I haven't tried it under the best lighting yet (For Drama Shot). blwhydr0, that might have been some good information if it had been written more clearly :(

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I hate to revive an old thread, but it's better than starting a new one. The drama shot on here sucks! I was at the park with my daughter, excellent lighting, she was in focus...I did everything. And the only option it wants to give me is best shot after it was taken. This is the #1 feature I miss from the s4. I absolutely loved it and used it all the time. Way to go Samsung. You're making the camera complicated for me. I spent a good half hour at the park telling her when she could run just for nothing to happen lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech