Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sound and shot?

Has anyone tried downloading sound and shot from the Samsung app store? I've downloaded it but after I select the mode , take a picture and see the audio recording going. The final result is just a picture with no sound actually playing. Maybe I should try uninstalling it but I was just curious if I was missing a step or something..

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_88 View Post
    Has anyone tried downloading sound and shot from the Samsung app store? I've downloaded it but after I select the mode , take a picture and see the audio recording going. The final result is just a picture with no sound actually playing. Maybe I should try uninstalling it but I was just curious if I was missing a step or something..

What was the photo viewer you tried to see the photo with? From my experience with S4, the sound of sound-and-shot photo is only played in Samsung stock gallery app.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Sound and shot?

Quote Originally Posted by procol View Post
    What was the photo viewer you tried to see the photo with? From my experience with S4, the sound of sound-and-shot photo is only played in Samsung stock gallery app.

Yeah I'm just using it in the stock gallery app. On the S4 it would automatically just start playing the audio. I know there is a setting to turn it on but I can't seem to find it. Had anyone got sound and shot to work fully?

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah it's not working still. In the gallery settings on the S4 it has a button to automatically play the sound from sound and shot but on the S5 this button does not exist.. Also on the S4 if this is turned off, you can still see a little audio button in the top left corner that you can tap and it will play the sound and shot audio. But its nowhere to be found for me on the S5..

There is sound... but it's barely audible. Shot & sound doesn't pick up sound that well.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I changed my runtime back to dalvik from art and now its working. Maybe that did it