Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which variant to get? Exynos or Snapdragon?

Hey All,
    Both versions available in the market through Samsung Dealer, which one would you recommend?
    I read all sorts of comparisons on the web, but they are all theoretical.
    Which of the two variants is all around better, battery consumption-wise, heat generation, graphics, responsiveness etc... In real world that is.
    I understand that the Snapdragon version has LTE and better graphics while the Exynos only 3G. I need some insights from people who have the phone and experienced it.
    I currently have the Exynos variant of the S4 and have never tried the Snapdragon version to notice any difference.
    Thank you kindly in advance.

Default Re: Which variant to get? Exynos or Snapdragon?

If you are on a CDMA carrier like sprint or Verizon then I would definitely go with the LTE model. Huge difference in data speeds. I believe the CDMA 3g tops out at 3.1mbps. Where as on LTE u can get 15x the speed. If your on GSM like t-mobile or AT&T then the difference isn't as big. Unless one of the variants is a lot better in a few areas the LTE would be my deciding factor

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

Snapdragon

Quote Originally Posted by ryanr509 View Post
    If you are on a CDMA carrier like sprint or Verizon then I would definitely go with the LTE model. Huge difference in data speeds. I believe the CDMA 3g tops out at 3.1mbps. Where as on LTE u can get 15x the speed. If your on GSM like t-mobile or AT&T then the difference isn't as big. Unless one of the variants is a lot better in a few areas the LTE would be my deciding factor

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
    The Exynos versions won't work on Sprint and Verizon anyway. I have never seen 3.1mbps on Verizon 3g, but it is the theoretical maximum. The theoretical maximum of the s5 should be 150mbps.

The highest I have seen personally is around 80 mbps but I don't have 20x20mhz aws deployed here, which should be able to theoretically get 147mbps.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

If you want 4G then Snapdragon else both are good .Exynos has a faster CPU and GPU is pretty much more or less same.
    Exynos variant is a octa core now, it has all 8 cores working at once.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Forgot to specify that all lines are GSM here. Furthermore the Exynos variant is about $50 cheaper (Unlocked price).
    What about battery consumption and overheating?
    Thank you All for your replies. Appreciate it.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts

Anyone ?

Posted via the Android Central App

I would say that the Snapdragon is faster when it comes to networks and doing stuff online(downloading, streaming, etc.) because its 4G. And the Exynos is faster when it comes to running apps and multitasking due to the increased core count. I have the Exynos variant which comes with 8 cores instead of 4. No problems here

Posted from Samsung Galaxy S5