Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By sweetypie31
  • 1 Post By whoadizzle
  • 1 Post By Davyo
  • 1 Post By killakumes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My Phone's Coming Today And I Have To Admit I'm Scared

Reading through this forum can be hazardous to your (mental) health (LOL....JK -- sort of). All this talk about lagging, defective wifi, bluetooth, screens that won't dim, awful battery life and other assorted gremlins and goblins has me scared to death.

Please tell me the vast majority of purchasers are happy and drama free with their phones upon receipt.

OK, rant over.

You may now resume your normal activities.

Default re: My Phone's Coming Today And I Have To Admit I'm Scared

I honestly have not had any of the issues that most are having in the forum .The only thing that i had problems with is not having certain widgets that my s3 had, but other than that i'm happy and everything works fine for me . All i can tell you is good luck and i hope you like the new phone.
    debdroid1a likes this.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

All this talk with no proof. Don't worry about. There will always be some lemons out there. There looks to be a lot of people piggybacking on these problems too, a lot of people who don't have the phone. My phone great, no problems at all here.

Posted via Android Central App
    sweetypie31 likes this.

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts

Forums are used a lot for bitc*ing and complaining, in the real world there are millions of people that are very happy with their problem free devices,,, ya just don't here from those people because their not on a forum bitc*ing and complaining,,, they are just enjoying their devices.

Sure, a small number of any brand of any device can have issues or problems but the odds are highly in favor of the consumer getting a problem free device.

Not to worry,,, Samsung phones are very solid phones, as are iPhones and most of the other big names.

Cheers
    Davyo
    Thanked by:
    sweetypie31 likes this.

ROM
    MIK

Entirely happy here with no problems.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

I got mine on release day and have very been very happy with this device. No issues so far!!! Great phone

Default Re: My Phone's Coming Today And I Have To Admit I'm Scared

People inventing lag where there isn't any, issues where they're aren't any, is a staple of a Galaxy S launch nowadays. What you'll notice is that most of them also have the M8 or don't have the S5 at all and only have the M8. You'll be fine with your purchase. It's the best overall phone on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
    Reading through this forum can be hazardous to your (mental) health (LOL....JK -- sort of). All this talk about lagging, defective wifi, bluetooth, screens that won't dim, awful battery life and other assorted gremlins and goblins has me scared to death.

Please tell me the vast majority of purchasers are happy and drama free with their phones upon receipt.

OK, rant over.

You may now resume your normal activities.
    I have owned the S2, S3,S4, Note 2 and Note 3 and every single one of them experienced lag issues. When I went and looked at the S5 in two different store locations both somewhat lagged. Really unfortunate and because of that and other reasons I opted to go with the HTC One M8.

Those who have the S5 will obviously vouch for the S5, same with those who own the M8. Like I said I have owned almost every Galaxy so my feedback on the galaxy line is based on me experience with the brand.

Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Gray)
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Davyo View Post
    Forums are used a lot for bitc*ing and complaining, in the real world there are millions of people that are very happy with their problem free devices,,, ya just don't here from those people because their not on a forum bitc*ing and complaining,,, they are just enjoying their devices.

Sure, a small number of any brand of any device can have issues or problems but the odds are highly in favor of the consumer getting a problem free device.

Not to worry,,, Samsung phones are very solid phones, as are iPhones and most of the other big names.

Cheers
    Davyo
    ^^THIS^^......on the money!

Quote Originally Posted by Adranalyne View Post
    People inventing lag where there isn't any, issues where they're aren't any, is a staple of a Galaxy S launch nowadays. What you'll notice is that most of them also have the M8 or don't have the S5 at all and only have the M8. You'll be fine with your purchase. It's the best overall phone on the market.

Wow.
    You really, really, really hate the M8 with a fervent passion don't you?
    I haven't read a single post of yours where you haven't fired off a shot at the M8 or M8 users.

Anyway, back on topic.
    I don't have an S5 but wanted to say, considering how many millions of S5s that have been/ will be sold you are bound to get the odd issues.
    It doesn't mean the phone is crap or broken generally.
    Thanked by:

I have also had my phone since release day and *knock on wood* no issues whatsoever.

I've had mine since launch day and love it. No major problems. Not really any minor problems either.

I love the swipe keyboard on this. More accurate then my Droid 4.
    Camera takes great pictures.
    Battery life is exceptional.
    Love having the camera in the lock screen.
    Finger lock is easy and quick. Not the most accurate all the time, but I still like it and will use it.

There's probably more but those are my favorite of the S5 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibbster View Post
    Wow.You really, really, really hate the M8 with a fervent passion don't you?
    I haven't read a single post of yours where you haven't fired off a shot at the M8 or M8 users.
    If you haven't noticed, there are others like him fighting for the other brand(s) as well. He doesn't insult anyone and specifically details his case. Nothing wrong with that. Don't let his comments bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    If you haven't noticed, there are others like him fighting for the other brand(s) as well. He doesn't insult anyone and specifically details his case. Nothing wrong with that. Don't let his comments bother you.
    There's a difference between fighting for your brand to defend it and attacking others for no reason.
    One is perfectly normal the other makes you a troll.

Anyway, he's not here to defend himself and this isn't the place to argue about it.

No problems here at all. The phone has been exceeding my expectations in every way. Remember those who are irrated or have an issue will always be the loudest. Otherwise I'm sure this forum would be pages of people talking about how happy they are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    GrooveRite likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

I must say a loud and much deserved "thank you" to all those who have chimed in indicating that their S5 ownership has been trouble-free.

Much appreciated.

Keep the poositivity coming!