- 8 Posts
Weather widget on lock screen
Can someone please explain how the weather widget on the lock screen of the S5 works? This morning, I found that it remained completely non-current, still displaying the night's forecast at the end of the morning. It wasn't in line with either the accurateweather or the google now widget forecasts, so I guess that's not where the lock screen widget info comes from.
So I restarted my phone, and now the information isn't there anymore, even after a few hours.
So how is this controlled?
- 04-17-2014, 09:44 AM #2
- 117 Posts
Under settings, check Lock Screen and Other Options for the weather to be checked. This will put it on there.
To change the refresh interval, go to the home screen, press the weather, go to settings and you can change it there. I set mine to every hour since I like to see it often but can refresh when needed.
Posted via Android Central App
- 04-17-2014, 09:57 AM #3
- 04-17-2014, 10:14 AM #4
- 04-17-2014, 11:00 AM #5
- 04-17-2014, 11:25 AM #6
- 22 Posts
Re: Weather widget on lock screen
You need location to always be on, and AccuWeather must be set to "use current location".
Without these things the widget on the phone will update but the widget on the lockscreen will not. Pretty useless if you don't want to use all of your data.
- By lingang in forum HTC One (M8)Replies: 161Last Post: Today, 08:52 PM
- By Tomcat31b in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 10Last Post: 04-27-2014, 06:56 AM
- By Peter R Nielsen in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 3Last Post: 04-25-2014, 12:06 AM
- By TWC42 in forum HTC OneReplies: 1Last Post: 04-17-2014, 08:01 AM
- By truthteller10 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 2Last Post: 04-17-2014, 07:50 AM