Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Weather widget on lock screen

Can someone please explain how the weather widget on the lock screen of the S5 works? This morning, I found that it remained completely non-current, still displaying the night's forecast at the end of the morning. It wasn't in line with either the accurateweather or the google now widget forecasts, so I guess that's not where the lock screen widget info comes from.

So I restarted my phone, and now the information isn't there anymore, even after a few hours.

So how is this controlled?

Thanks!

R.

Under settings, check Lock Screen and Other Options for the weather to be checked. This will put it on there.

To change the refresh interval, go to the home screen, press the weather, go to settings and you can change it there. I set mine to every hour since I like to see it often but can refresh when needed.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    mrgou 

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Default Re: Weather widget on lock screen

would i be right that refresh would use very very little data?I dont have much of an data plan
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by debdroid1a View Post
    Under settings, check Lock Screen and Other Options for the weather to be checked. This will put it on there.

To change the refresh interval, go to the home screen, press the weather, go to settings and you can change it there. I set mine to every hour since I like to see it often but can refresh when needed.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    1,159 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Mine doesn't update either

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

mine hasn't updated since I bought the phone on the 12th.

I just turned off that option for now.

You need location to always be on, and AccuWeather must be set to "use current location".

Without these things the widget on the phone will update but the widget on the lockscreen will not. Pretty useless if you don't want to use all of your data.
    Thanked by:
    mrgou 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Zendarzwei View Post
    You need location to always be on, and AccuWeather must be set to "use current location".
    OK, that's why. I noticed that setting the widget off and on reset it, but that's obviously pretty inconvenient.