Is anyone using ART in the developer options?

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I switched to ART the first day and actually just switched back. Can't tell any difference with speed/performance and can't compare battery life yet. Oddly, I have noticed that the display has changed (even though all the display settings are the exact same). The colors are noticeably deeper and more vivid with dalvik on. Weird.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Does not have to be rooted.

It's not a quick process - it had to update hundreds of apps, and when it finally finished, the phone was so hot it got sluggish and videos wouldn't record. Took almost 30 minutes.

I didn't notice any real improvements other than, for some reason, the old version of Tapatalk, which loaded posts a lot faster and didn't constantly hang.

However, the phone went black and completely locked up on me twice and then got stuck on the Sprint Spark screen when I rebooted, necessitating a battery pull. After the second time, I went back to Dalvik.

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
How do I set this, does the phone have to be rooted?

To enable developer options:

http://m.androidcentral.com/how-enable-samsung-galaxy-s5-developer-options

Switching to ART is one of the options in the developer options, but it is a long process as described. I did not have any of the hangups of the previous poster, though. It seems very slightly speedier but that may all be placebo. One benefit is that it is a way to reinstall the OS and all the apps without a factory reset, so it wound up fixing an annoying software glitch without my having to set up my whole device again.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc