samsung galaxy s5, contacts won't show for photos when linked

SaraPo629

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to fix this? I have all my contacts saved with phone numbers, then my Facebook contacts as well. They show separate in my contacts, two listing for each person. If I receive a text or call from someone, their Facebook photo does not show up. I have gone through and attempted the merge account, link account and mark as default options, but none work. As well as only displaying certain contact groups, still nothing. I came from the galaxy s3 before this one and linking them was simple and the photo would show up. Help pretty please!

Posted via Android Central App

Max Lenox

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to fix this? I have all my contacts saved with phone numbers, then my Facebook contacts as well. They show separate in my contacts, two listing for each person. If I receive a text or call from someone, their Facebook photo does not show up. I have gone through and attempted the merge account, link account and mark as default options, but none work. As well as only displaying certain contact groups, still nothing. I came from the galaxy s3 before this one and linking them was simple and the photo would show up. Help pretty please!

Mine is doing the same thing. Any luck?

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
When you go into the contacts and you hit the menu, there is an option for "link contacts" that will find all contacts with the same name within your contacts that should allow you to link them. If it does not find the ones you want that way, you can click on the contact from Facebook and hit the chain icon next to the "connected via" section. If you hit "link another contact" on the bottom, you should be able to search for the non-Facebook version of the contact to link. It is important to link from the Facebook contact first so that this becomes the default, so hopefully the pictures will show up properly. (All that being said, everything set up fine for me automatically except for those contacts whose names were not the same in Facebook and my phone)

mjlee89

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I found this, I worked out the you have to go in to each contact as select the "Make as Default" option and select Facebook for the Caller ID if you've already linked it, if not you'll need to link the contact first.

crystal1823

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I tried this and it doesn't work. Anyone else got any suggestions? I'm thinking of just taking my phone back to Verizon and see what they say.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The above is correct, when you already have your Contacts linked, you go to the click the options it lets you use the Mark as default option, in there you have the Caller ID option where you select the photo it will use for the caller id. That's the normal way, I don't know if Verizon have disabled something on the Contacts apps also.

Also, and just in case, by default, it brings you all contacts, I don't know you, but I hate that, so the first thing I always do is to use the Contacts To Display option and select just my Google Contacts (main ones) and then I just link all of them, or if you have a couple of contacts in different places, then use the Customized Contacts and you can select one or various different Contacts Source, then just go and link all of them accordingly.

shibby96

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So I would have to individually go in and assign a picture to all of my ... say 500 individual contacts? I have linked mine as well and no pictures only to the ones who have google accounts.

Allan Crosbie

May 2, 2014
Visit site

Allan Crosbie

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I seen this and had the same problem, tried for hours to put pics on contacts, its actually simple, it wont work if your contacts are saved to your sim, they have to be saved to your phone, then you go to gallary select a pic then set as then contact..... bad news is you cant mass swap from sim to phone, you habe to delite the contact then put in your phone again , hope this helps allan

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem.

In my case, the contact pictures are fine but my contact picture won't show up in the message conversation.

Really irritating.

Has anyone come across this before?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I seen this and had the same problem, tried for hours to put pics on contacts, its actually simple, it wont work if your contacts are saved to your sim, they have to be saved to your phone, then you go to gallary select a pic then set as then contact..... bad news is you cant mass swap from sim to phone, you habe to delite the contact then put in your phone again , hope this helps allan

You can always export all your Sim card contacts and then import them to any other account, I don't recommend to use phone or Sim as if you lose your device you will lose everything, do yourself a favor and do it to your Google Account, in there you can do all the editing you can do in your phone contacts.

jwenzel29

May 12, 2014
Visit site
This worked for me - Good Luck!!!

open Facebook App, App Settings (in the menu button with the three lines), Scroll down to the bottom, Other Settings, Sync Contacts, Choose option and sync!

haachee

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I think there are quote a few ways to do this. You basically need to get to your Facebook account settings for your phone.

Here's one way to do it:

Go to Contacts >Click on the 3 vertical dots > Settings > Contacts > Accounts

You should see your Facebook account and any other accounts. Click on your Facebook Account and check the box for Sync Contacts.

kvkknk

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
It looks there is some bug in linking. When I tried linking phone contact to FB contact it says linked but nothing happens.
But when I assign a group to my phone contact and after that I try linking FB contact, it works perfectly. .. Krish

dmz1985

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

ok so this has been irritating the hell out of me for a few days now and i finally figured it out. when you are looking at the contact if you hit the menu button one of the options in the drop down list is "Mark as Default". Select it and then it will let you set the default for the photo to use, phone number, etc.....

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
ok so this has been irritating the hell out of me for a few days now and i finally figured it out. when you are looking at the contact if you hit the menu button one of the options in the drop down list is "Mark as Default". Select it and then it will let you set the default for the photo to use, phone number, etc.....

I had seen that before, but forgot about it.

For me, I just simply deleted all other contact lists.
The one in my phone is the only one that shows up.
It is backed up by Verizon hourly when a WiFi signal is available. Saves data time.

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Finally fixed the duplicate entries. I kept trying to link entries with no luck. I wound up removing my gmail account and reconnecting it. Contacts that I had previously linked (without luck) were now linked in one contact. Others, I was able to choose the facebook contact as default and then successfully link the other contact to it. Everything merged into one contact with the FB picture showing. Hope this helps others with their frustration!

vnovomsate

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I flashed S5 yesterday with 4.2.2 from august. Having issue with contacts, some of them is showing name and picture as usual but some of them not. Just Phone number. In the contact list is everything OK but when I receiving phone call or calling somebody from contact list, it shows just number.... Why?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol