Smart remote

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed, after using the Smart Remote function on the Galaxy S 5, that it appears on the lock screen. Unfortunately, the controls never leave the lock screen now. I have tried rebooting the phone, as well as disabling and re enable in the smart remote app. No matter what the controls always come back. Is it possible that the remote is somehow detecting the DVR or TV on the WiFi network? Or is the phone malfunctioning? I haven't been able to leave my house today to test this theory, because I injured myself yesterday and cannot drive. I'm just asking if there's any solution to this, or is it the normal function of the phone.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yep just found it. So, is it somehow detecting the theater equipment? Or is it just an error?

The lock screen is a neat feature but not if it never turns off.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
What was the name of the setting? Could be just a toggle to "always show on lock screen" if you leave that option checked.

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Here you go:

egy6u9u8.jpg

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
The auto display part seems a bit confusing. I have the Galaxy Note 10.1 and the remote control gets fussy if you don't both turn on and turn off the device with the tablet. Maybe it just stays on the screen until you use it to turn the same selected device you turned on off again? I'm grasping at straws here.

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's possible... Though from my testing it didn't fix it.

This is a great phone, but maybe it's one of those features Samsung didn't completely debug before releasing.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed, after using the Smart Remote function on the Galaxy S 5, that it appears on the lock screen. Unfortunately, the controls never leave the lock screen now. I have tried rebooting the phone, as well as disabling and re enable in the smart remote app. No matter what the controls always come back. Is it possible that the remote is somehow detecting the DVR or TV on the WiFi network? Or is the phone malfunctioning? I haven't been able to leave my house today to test this theory, because I injured myself yesterday and cannot drive. I'm just asking if there's any solution to this, or is it the normal function of the phone.

Thanks for the help!

It should be the settings as it was explained here, but just in case you already unchecked those 2 options and it's still there, then just go to the Application settings and turn it off, Samsung released today in the Google Play Store a new version of the old app called WatchOn, it looks cooler I tried it but Uninstalled it later because my Cable Box even when I selected the correct one is missing some of the key buttons/features even when it works completely with this new version that came with the S5 and the previous versions I was using withe S4.

Ryan Scharfer

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I have a galaxy 6 and for some reason I'm getting the message that this app is incompatible for my deviceand for some reason I'm getting the message that this app is incompatible for my device.