- 7 Posts
S5 Email client starting to remind me of Samsung Fascinate
The Samsung stock email client on my Verizon s5 does not pull down my POP 3 email (Optimum Online) no matter how many times I refresh. If I delete and recreate the account, it works for about a day and then the problem reoccurs. When I had email issues with my Fascinate's Samsung email client, I set up Gmail to pull from my POP 3 account. I did this again as a workaround and it works, albeit with a significant delay in getting a message as compared with when it hits my POP3 inbox. Anyone else have issues like this?
- 04-21-2014, 01:40 AM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: S5 Email client starting to remind me of Samsung Fascinate
Identical problem with my S5. Deleted and reinstalled email account - lasted only a few hours before problem recurring. Also spontaneous disappearance of current day's emails. Appears to retrieve less than 50% of emails from server.
Have just switched on my s5 and watched a refresh download 6 or 7 new emails, half disappearing irretrievably after a split second's display. There never seem to be more than 2 or 3 on display of the current day's emails. All of those 7 days and older remain.
For me the S5 is not fit for purpose without reliable email access.
Last edited by little jake; 04-21-2014 at 01:59 AM. Reason: additional info added
- 04-21-2014, 06:25 AM #3
- 04-21-2014, 06:47 AM #4
- By sop23456 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2Replies: 15Last Post: 05-20-2014, 01:36 PM
- By gghartling in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 4Last Post: 05-14-2014, 11:10 AM
- By Nneuromancer in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 7Last Post: 05-05-2014, 07:58 PM
- By kasperkyd in forum Sony Xperia Z2Replies: 2Last Post: 04-21-2014, 11:56 AM
- By sirmaru in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 11Last Post: 04-17-2014, 09:59 PM