Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S5 Email client starting to remind me of Samsung Fascinate

The Samsung stock email client on my Verizon s5 does not pull down my POP 3 email (Optimum Online) no matter how many times I refresh. If I delete and recreate the account, it works for about a day and then the problem reoccurs. When I had email issues with my Fascinate's Samsung email client, I set up Gmail to pull from my POP 3 account. I did this again as a workaround and it works, albeit with a significant delay in getting a message as compared with when it hits my POP3 inbox. Anyone else have issues like this?

Default Re: S5 Email client starting to remind me of Samsung Fascinate

Identical problem with my S5. Deleted and reinstalled email account - lasted only a few hours before problem recurring. Also spontaneous disappearance of current day's emails. Appears to retrieve less than 50% of emails from server.

Have just switched on my s5 and watched a refresh download 6 or 7 new emails, half disappearing irretrievably after a split second's display. There never seem to be more than 2 or 3 on display of the current day's emails. All of those 7 days and older remain.

For me the S5 is not fit for purpose without reliable email access.
    Last edited by little jake; 04-21-2014 at 01:59 AM. Reason: additional info added

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I found the Bluemail app to be a much better option.

Download the K-9 Mail app from the Play Store. Much better and more reliable. Also more customizable.