Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Instant Email?

I can't seem to figure out how to set my E-mail up to retrieve incoming Emails instantly and automatically. Upon set-up, I accidentally checked the manual retrieval option and have yet to figure out how to change it. Can anyone guide my in the right direction?

Default Re: Instant Email?

Go into the settings. In the settings it should have "General Options" (or something like that) and it will show your email address. Select your email (not the general options) and it will show you options for your email. There should be a sync setting in there somewhere.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for your response.

ETA- Just now realized I was overlooking "Sync Schedule"…

I'm a moron.

Anyway, part two- I can set it to 15 minutes on 2 of my accounts but only one will allow Automatic (Push) emails which is what I want. Any idea why I can't get that on all of my accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by layla616 View Post
    Thanks for your response.

ETA- Just now realized I was overlooking "Sync Schedule"…

I'm a moron.

Anyway, part two- I can set it to 15 minutes on 2 of my accounts but only one will allow Automatic (Push) emails which is what I want. Any idea why I can't get that on all of my accounts?
    It's probably because of the type of account. I believe IMAP accounts only allow syncing every 15 minutes, not push.

Quote Originally Posted by trickym81 View Post
    It's probably because of the type of account. I believe IMAP accounts only allow syncing every 15 minutes, not push.
    THIS. I have my Yahoo and iCloud email to the most frequent setting. 15 min.

Yeah, I know Yahoo doesn't let you check any more frequently than 15 minutes.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

That's odd! My default Email is a yahoo account and allows me to Push. I have a cloud and one more yahoo account that only allow the 15 minute interval. Oh well. At least I'm getting them automatically now. Problem solved! Thanks guys