Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Editing Contacts? Syncing Contacts with Facebook?

1. I want to edit them (get rid of a lot of old unneeded records). There does not seem to be any efficient way of doing that. I do not want to have to open each individual entry to delete it. Surely there's a better way.

2. What happened to synching contact with Facebook? I've been able to easily do that with every Android phone I've ever owned. I can't believe it wouldn't be possible. I want the pictures of my friends to show up when I am receiving a call from them!

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts

Default Re: Editing Contacts? Syncing Contacts with Facebook?

Quote Originally Posted by grammartroll View Post
    1. I want to edit them (get rid of a lot of old unneeded records). There does not seem to be any efficient way of doing that. I do not want to have to open each individual entry to delete it. Surely there's a better way.

2. What happened to synching contact with Facebook? I've been able to easily do that with every Android phone I've ever owned. I can't believe it wouldn't be possible. I want the pictures of my friends to show up when I am receiving a call from them!
    If you want to delete, then there is no other way, other than going to Google (if are Google contacts) on a PC and delete from there, it's a lot easier there but if you just want to hide them, then when you are on the Contacts app, just go to settings and click on Contacts to Display, then just select your Google contacts for example, or go to customized and select the ones you want to show, doing that you don't see the rest, but they are available to link between them, that way you have only one record, but linked.

If you don't see your Facebook contacts you can clear your Facebook app cache and data, and next time you open it, it should ask for the initial settings together with a request for permission to your contacts, pictures and calendar with your Samsung device, if that process doesn't happen for any reason, you won't be able to see any of them on your phone.