Taking a drama shot?

throttlehappy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I can't get my phone to take a drama shot. I select shot & more, take the pic and the option selections menu comes up but it won't let me select the drama option.

Any suggestions?

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Just did one with my fat finger rolling across the screen

esyguqu5.jpg

throttlehappy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hmm....I just tried the finger pic and it worked too. I guess the subject has to go directly across the screen and not toward you or away. I tried to film my buddy riding a log when mountain-biking the other night. He was riding towards me.

Thanks for the info!

GeekNews

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
For the best results you need to focus the camera on a fixed point and have the object moving across the screen from left to right (or vice versa). The camera can't distinguish movement to combine the photos if the object is moving directly towards or away from you.

throttlehappy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Well, since I figured it worked with my finger I was all set. Nope. Now it doesn't work even trying to take a picture moving my finger across the screen.

I called Samsung support and the tech guy didn't even know what a drama shot was.

throttlehappy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Takes some practice. The end result can be pretty cool though!

Believe me, I've had plenty of practice! I tried about 10 times the other night mountain-biking. I'm not impressed with this option. The bike was moving across the screen on a teeter-totter. Also tried it on a log ride at least another 5 times.

natefish

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
For the best results you need to focus the camera on a fixed point and have the object moving across the screen from left to right (or vice versa). The camera can't distinguish movement to combine the photos if the object is moving directly towards or away from you.

This. It took me a while to get it, but that's what you have to do.

Posted via Android Central App

blwhydr0

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I got it to work 3 times now, but can't anymore. I forgot how to change the resolution to 12 MP. Drama shot won't work on 16?9 and for whatever reason its stuck on the 6 MP 16:9 I need 12mp or 8mp to use all the shot and more features. But I can't remember how to change resolution in shot and more mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo