Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Greg C
  • 1 Post By sammyabs
  • 1 Post By dkjames71
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Headphones connected bug after water test

Submerged in water and ever since it keeps thinking headphones are connected it keeps coming on and off so it thinks headphones are plugged and unplugged and plugged again

Anyone same?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Headphones connected bug after water test

Quote Originally Posted by hdradaza View Post
    Submerged in water and ever since it keeps thinking headphones are connected it keeps coming on and off so it thinks headphones are plugged and unplugged and plugged again

Anyone same?

I read about this happening to someone else on another forum. When the headphone jack dried out the notification stopped. Apparently this happened on the Samsung galaxy S4 active too. A YouTube reviewr called Erica Griffin spoke about it in her review of the S5.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    Posted from my iPad mini/Air.

Hello, OMG I am having the same problem!!! I dno what to do. Ive just bought the phone as well!!!

It will clear up once the jack dries out. It's not harmful, just annoying. It would be nice if Samsung included a silicon plug for the jack, especially since I use BT headphones and don't really use the jack.

Cool Re: Headphones connected bug after water test

I've had the same problem with my note 3, I was out taking photos yesterday in the rain and it must have let some water into the phone, so the earphones kept connected and disconnecting too might take the battery out and put it in next to the heater to dry it out

Quote Originally Posted by hdradaza View Post

Anyone same?

I'm at the pool right now and having this same problem

Global Posts
    1,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0 Lollipop

I don't have that problem because I don't submerge my S5 in water.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

Had same problem, took a q-tip, removed enough cotton to make it fit the jack hole, turned a few times and voila, issue gone

Posted via the Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    MissCrystal_Ak likes this.

I posted a similar problem on this forum last week. I does seem to be harmless, clears after drying out, but very annoying.

Verizon S5

I think the water resistant thing is only made to save the phone in case you drop it in water, the phone isn't 100% protected and it isn't advised to take a shower with it.

Give it some time to let it dry out, and it will be back to working fully again!

I dropped my phone in snow a couple of weeks ago getting out of my car (oops) but I dried it out right away, and I'm only just now getting this problem today? If anyone reads this, any suggestions because it's really annoying.

Look inside the headphone jack with a light and see if there is anything in there. I noticed I had the problem a couple of days ago because my S5's headphone jack was filled with lint from a new pair of jeans I was wearing that day. I carefully cleaned it out with some precision tweezers I have and the error went away.

I know the Samsung galaxy s5 is dust proof, water resistant. Never once did I ever want to submerge my phone under water. I'm content with knowing if I need to pull my phone out in the rain or accidentally drop it in a puddle it should be ok. I watch other people do it on YouTube that's good enough for me. Why take the risk?

Thanked by:
    sweetypie31 likes this.

Problem solved.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Headphones connected bug after water test-screenshot_2014-12-10-15-40-55.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Esenwine View Post
    I posted a similar problem on this forum last week. I does seem to be harmless, clears after drying out, but very annoying.

Verizon S5

q-tip in the jack totally worked

Quote Originally Posted by sammyabs View Post
    Had same problem, took a q-tip, removed enough cotton to make it fit the jack hole, turned a few times and voila, issue gone

Thanks this worked like a charm....thank you

After having an argument on the phone with Verizon tech support regarding the water resistance of the S5 (She was claiming that if there is water damage, the warranty is void), I went in the Verizon store Wednesday and, having had this problem on several occasions, I asked again about it. The tech I spoke with was very knowledgeable. He started off right away stating that the S5 WAS "water resistant", a direct conflict with Verizon's tech support rep. He stated that his S5 does the same thing and is fine once it dries out. He did go on to say that the ear jack is isolated from the main part of the phone, so if water does get into the ear jack, it will not seep into the rest of the phone. The water damage he thinks that the tech rep on the phone was talking about is water damage inside the seal that is on the back cover. So, even though it is annoying, I feel confident that the phone will not be disabled because of this issue.

Global Posts
    733 Global Posts

Yes, the above is true. The jack hole (official lingo? lol) has a flap on the inside out of sight that is water tight. Just don't use headphones underwater.
    Studies were done extensively, but have concluded that yes, the bird is the word.