Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree35Likes

Default Re: the Official: I love my Galaxy S5 thread

I really like the dedicated number row as well. It took a little while for me to get used to having numbers already on the keyboard since I was so used to having to shift to get numbers. This may not be a huge detail on why I love my s5 but it certainly is convenient.

I totally agree. I have had many high end phones over the years but to me the s5 is the best. I thought about other phones when I up graded a month or so ago but I am so glad I chose the s5.

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debdroid1a View Post
    This needs to be a sticky.

I posted this elsewhere, but I still love my S5 for these reasons so I'm copying and pasting:

I've had mine since launch day and love it. No major problems. Not really any minor problems either.

I love the swipe keyboard on this. More accurate then my Droid 4.
    Camera takes great pictures.
    Battery life is exceptional.
    Love having the camera in the lock screen.
    Finger lock is easy and quick. Not the most accurate all the time, but I still like it and will use it.

There's probably more but those are my favorite of the S5 so far.

Posted via Android Central App
    I like how you say 'sticky' with that being said I went back to my iPhone 5 for about a day and hate it now.

Posted via Nokia 6230 (I play snake)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts

Default Re: The Official: I love my Galaxy S5 thread

I went back a few times to the iPhone 5s from my Note 3 and S5 and also did not last long with the 5s.

With that being said though I am very curious to see the iPhone 6 when it comes out.

I'm not married to either Android or Apple,,,, I love my iPads more than my Android tablets but love my Galaxy S5 more than than the iPhones.

The main gripe I always had with iPhones is that tiny little 4" screen,, but with the bigger iPhone screen sizes and Apple now incorporating some of the better Android OS features with iOS 8 the iP6 does have me very interested.

Cheers
    Davyo

So for all the S5 users that have now had their phones for a month or two... are your feelings the same? Does the phone still perform well, or do you now have problems with freezing, restarting, lag, battery drain, camera software problems, needing replacement devices...?

The aforementioned issues are why I recently told myself I'm giving up on droids and moved to an iphone 5s... but after only a week of ownership, I am having buyer's remorse and missing everything droid has to offer, but not necessarily the headaches I've dealt with in the past (above issues). I have a few days left to return this iphone and in my heart I know I am a droid guy, but it's hard to find solace in reliability when so many posts are still so negative about issues with the S5... that is precisely why I am asking this here in this (positive) forum. Thanks!

Global Posts
    474 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jlagan2 View Post
    So for all the S5 users that have now had their phones for a month or two... are your feelings the same? Does the phone still perform well, or do you now have problems with freezing, restarting, lag, battery drain, camera software problems, needing replacement devices...?

The aforementioned issues are why I recently told myself I'm giving up on droids and moved to an iphone 5s... but after only a week of ownership, I am having buyer's remorse and missing everything droid has to offer, but not necessarily the headaches I've dealt with in the past (above issues). I have a few days left to return this iphone and in my heart I know I am a droid guy, but it's hard to find solace in reliability when so many posts are still so negative about issues with the S5... that is precisely why I am asking this here in this (positive) forum. Thanks!
    Not a single issue in 3 and a half month, working great like the first day, up until I got the LG G3 last week it was the best phone I've ever owned or used, now it shares thar distinction withe the G3, great, great devices both, for the past days I've been using the G3 as my daily driver just fir the novelty and looking for something different but coming back to it to use it for my 5k runs for the IP67 certification (water resistant) and to use it with my Gear2 Neo, but today I sold my Gear2 so now waiting for the Motorola 360 so I can use it in both phones.

Phone working great. Sprints lte to cdma handoff issue hiccups every once in a while but that's sprint not the phone. Great battery too!

Posted via Android Central App
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234