The Official: I love my Galaxy S5 thread

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: the Official: I love my Galaxy S5 thread

I'm loving this phone add well. My favorite things are the water resistant feature, the camera and the heart rate monitor.

How bout that "download booster",,, it totally ROCKS !!!!,,,, or are you on one of the carriers that removed that feature ?

Cheers
Davyo

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Well...I'm coming from a Nexus 4. I love the Super AMOLED display and the fact that the screen is made of Corning Gorilla Glass 3. I am absolutely surprised at the colors and the depth of the colors are on the AMOLED screen. I like that the screen is 5.1 inches and is 1080P. I'm using Apex Launcher and not TouchWiz. However...I am not at all enthralled with the bloatware from Samsung and AT&T. Coming from a Nexus device I have to get used to a bunch of useless software that I won't be using. The bloatware is just a minor sore point. I have a 32GB Sandisk Ultra usb card. I'm surprised that as a flagship device that the S5 only comes with 16GB of memory. I would have expected 32GB. This device is certainly a powerhouse. It's snappy and the camera is amazing. I guess the best thing I like about the S5 is that amazing AMOLED display. I hope that future Android OS updates will come quickly. Coming from a Nexus device I was spoiled by quick OS updates straight from Google.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I'm on sprint and they disabled it for me....

Bummer that Sprint hobbled the download booster feature, it really is a game changing feature on the 5S or for any phone,,, downloading pictures and apps is so fast you think the S5 didn't download anything.

Perhaps some complaints to Sprint are needed to try and them to restore the booster to the S5's.

Cheers
Davyo

Kashan Osama

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

I agree with everything except the animations "feel" laggy and delayed....And this really drive me nuts...It is not about those miliseconds or even seconds/minutes (lol) it is about a frustrated feel one gets using a 2014 flagship

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Well...I'm coming from a Nexus 4. I love the Super AMOLED display...
This device is certainly a powerhouse. It's snappy and the camera is amazing. I guess the best thing I like about the S5 is that amazing AMOLED display. I hope that future Android OS updates will come quickly. Coming from a Nexus device I was spoiled by quick OS updates straight from Google.

I'm coming from a Droid 4 and every time I saw my dad's S3, I was a bit jealous of his display. It was clearer. The S5 has a really nice display.

I also like that they didn't copy apple and put the headphone jack at the bottom.

One other thing I like about it, is the ability to use a 128gb card. I have my old D4 32gb card in here now, but love that I can upgrade in the future (when the price comes down).

Posted via Android Central App

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
does the download booster use less data? would that be why it's disabled by so many carriers? and... if we root, would we get it then?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

killakumes

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
does the download booster use less data? would that be why it's disabled by so many carriers? and... if we root, would we get it then?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

I'm sure if you root you'd be able to get it enabled. The carriers who disabled it probably didn't want to deal with the rage of customers who got charged for overages because they didn't fully understand how downloads get "boosted".

Keeping with the theme of this thread- the camera, screen, and feel of the phone in my hand are absolutely awesome. Not to mention I don't have to worry about spills or using my phone with wet hands. So happy with my choice of phone and absolutely no regrets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have been happily reading this thread. I have reading everything I could find about the S5, some of the problems some were having.
I have a S2 and I really like it. I have had no major problems, till lately. There was a few days the power button wasn't working and I downloaded the gravity app. Which I really like how it works. And have had the phone shut down a couple of time and reboot.
But as I started out saying and got off topic. =-O.
I am glad to hear there are some that have had no problems and like the phone.
I am thinking I need to make a stop by my att store soon. :)

Thanks for listening to my rambling.

psychspirit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

This needs to be a sticky.

I posted this elsewhere, but I still love my S5 for these reasons so I'm copying and pasting:

I've had mine since launch day and love it. No major problems. Not really any minor problems either.

I love the swipe keyboard on this. More accurate then my Droid 4.
Camera takes great pictures.
Battery life is exceptional.
Love having the camera in the lock screen.
Finger lock is easy and quick. Not the most accurate all the time, but I still like it and will use it.

There's probably more but those are my favorite of the S5 so far.

Swipe keyboard? I couldn't find it in my stock keyboard app so I purchased Swype. Am I missing something?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

psychspirit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm off ios for the first time and it's also my first time on Android.I have to say I love it! I'm never going back to ios. I have had no problems at all with this phone. I love the s case too.the screen is better than iPhone. Camera it's not as stellar but good in well lit areas.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Swipe keyboard? I couldn't find it in my stock keyboard app so I purchased Swype. Am I missing something?

Settings
Language and input
Samsung keyboard
Keyboard swipe

Then I have Swiftkey Flow chosen

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I only had my S5 for 24 hours and I'm surprised I'm loving it...after I turned off the Finger Print Scanner. LOL

I guess the slight improvement over TouchWiz was enough and I also like this new Toolbox feature.

SHIFT_pro s5

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I only had my S5 for 24 hours and I'm surprised I'm loving it...after I turned off the Finger Print Scanner. LOL

I guess the slight improvement over TouchWiz was enough and I also like this new Toolbox feature.

SHIFT_pro s5

Totally agree. The reader was making it more frustrating for me. Now I am back to pattern unlock and I am much happier.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to buy it.

kooritsuki

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site

Ok, had my phone since the launch last week and I'm loving it!! No complaints (other than the first one I got was a defective one, but no trouble at all after I got it exchanged).

Infernalblaze

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

coming from a 5s I love this phone and this might sound stupid but I can finally use stock keyboard and have auto correct and emoji damn I'm a happy man lol