The Official: I love my Galaxy S5 thread

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
With all these concern and issues threads perhaps it time for a dedicated positive thread.

As a total phone junkie I've gone from owning every model of iPhone ever made (except the 5c), owning the Galaxy's S3, S4, Notes 1, 2 and 3, and now I'm owning the new S5,,,, love it !!!

Just got it today and could not be more happy, the screen, the smoothness of the OS, the picture quality, the feel in ones hand and everything else,,, and the download booster ROCKS !!!! (yes, I'm on T-Mobile so the download booster is not hobbled like on some other US carriers) that really sucks that other US carriers removed the download booster cuz it sure is an Amazing feature.

As far as an upgrade from an S4 or a Note 3,,, I waited to get my S5 after seeing reviews saying the S5 might not be a worthy up-grade from the the S4 or even the Note 3,,,,, not sure what those reviewers were reviewing,,,,, but my opinion would be,,, I think the S5 is a very worthy up-grade from the S4 and even the great Note 3.

As a phone junkie I will be waiting to see what the Note 4 will be and I will even be interested if the iPhone 6 can catch up in every way to all the other phone now on the market (too bad iPhone stuck with that one size screen fits all mentality for so long, that really killed the iPhone).

Anyhow,, I'm very happy I up-graded (and it was a up-grade) to the S5,,,,, loving everything about this new phone.

Feel free to chime in with some love for the S5 !!!

Cheers
Davyo

Last edited:

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: the Official: I love my Galaxy S5 thread

This needs to be a sticky.

I posted this elsewhere, but I still love my S5 for these reasons so I'm copying and pasting:

I've had mine since launch day and love it. No major problems. Not really any minor problems either.

I love the swipe keyboard on this. More accurate then my Droid 4.
Camera takes great pictures.
Battery life is exceptional.
Love having the camera in the lock screen.
Finger lock is easy and quick. Not the most accurate all the time, but I still like it and will use it.

There's probably more but those are my favorite of the S5 so far.

Posted via Android Central App

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

I love my S5 and Gear 2. As long as my G2 is connected to my S5 then I only have to swipe to unlock, once the phone loses it BT connection to the G2 a PIN is required to unlock the phone.

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

I love the stock keyboard having a dedicated row of numbers. I bought swiftkey but am no longer using it.... stock is better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

With all these concern and issues threads perhaps it time for a dedicated positive thread.

As a total phone junkie I've gone from owning every model of iPhone ever made (except the 5c), owning the Galaxy's S3, S4, Notes 1, 2 and 3, and now I'm owning the new S5,,,, love it !!!

Just got it today and could not be more happy, the screen, the smoothness of the OS, the picture quality, the feel in ones hand and everything else,,, and the download booster ROCKS !!!! (yes, I'm on T-Mobile so the download booster is not hobbled like on some other US carriers) that really sucks that other US carriers removed the download booster cuz it sure is an Amazing feature.

As far as an upgrade from an S4 or a Note 3,,, I waited to get my S5 after seeing reviews saying the S5 might not be a worthy up-grade from the the S4 or even the Note 3,,,,, not sure what those reviewers were reviewing,,,,, but my opinion would be,,, I think the S5 is a very worthy up-grade from the S4 and even the great Note 3.

As a phone junkie I will be waiting to see what the Note 4 will be and I will even be interested if the iPhone 6 can catch up in every way to all the other phone now on the market (too bad iPhone stuck with that one size screen fits all mentality for so long, that really killed the iPhone).

Anyhow,, I'm very happy I up-graded (and it was a up-grade) to the S5,,,,, loving everything about this new phone.

Feel free to chime in with some love for the S5 !!!

Cheers
Davyo

Can you elaborate on why you think that it is a very worthwhile upgrade over the note 3?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site

and I agree with the poster who likes the finger scanner, too. with my s3 I used nothing. this is very easy. I have it set to 30 minutes for now, might shorten that later, but for now that works for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Best phone I have ever had..I don't think I'll be switching phones for a while
Amazing Camera
Love the fingerprint scanner
So fasssst
Amazing Battery

killakumes

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

+1 for making this sticky. Wouldn't want those with issues to be louder than the majority of us who love their new phone. This is my first time off of iOS and I don't think I'll ever look back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Can you elaborate on why you think that it is a very worthwhile upgrade over the note 3?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

In my opinion,,, better screen quality, better picture quality, camera layout and features, the HDR real time is a big plus, download booster is a huge plus, a more updated feel with the OS,,,, those are the things that come to mind in the first 24 hours of ownership.

As a personal preference, the S5 is easier to use and handle size wise than the Note's while having a pretty good sized screen.

The Note 3 is an amazing phone, even today,,,, for me though the S5 is worth the up-grade.

Cheers
Davyo

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

+1 for making this sticky. Wouldn't want those with issues to be louder than the majority of us who love their new phone. This is my first time off of iOS and I don't think I'll ever look back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Agreed on the sticky and the reasons you stated.

Cheers
Davyo

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site

Have the nexus5 and the s5 and Loving both of them. Android has come a long way in terms of smoothness and speed which both of these have. But there is just something about the s5 that I prefer. So unfortunately the nexus is up for sale. uploadfromtaptalk1397889572301.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Sara Di

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I completely agree with this statement! I was an iPhone user, loved the ease of it, how dependable it was, blah blah blah. The thing that got me to switch was that I was stuck upgrading on "S" years, and the 5S was just not an impressive enough upgrade for me from the 4S I had. The screen size was still piddly. I was going to try to hold out for iPhone 6, but when it became obvious that my 4S wasn't going to make it that long (battery wouldn't hold charge), I started looking into the S5. This was about January-ish, and I followed all the news about the S5 and waited for the unveiling in Barcelona, even had a countdown to release on my calendar! I am so happy I got this phone (aside from my iPhone text issue, which I blame on Apple). Coming from an iPhone, there is just so much more you can do and customize. Love the bigger screen too!

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I love my s5. It does what I want it to do and I am lucky and grateful that i have not experienced any of the issues that people have posted about( fingers crossed).

Last edited:

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Very pleased and happy with my S5. And the Gear 2 watch makes it even better. Having the Gear 2 as a companion makes it even more fun to use.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

....my 4S wasn't going to make it that long (battery wouldn't hold charge), I started looking into the S5.

My main main reason for wanting removable battery on my device. The life of the battery doesn't determine the life of my device.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Yea,,, that sure is a strange coincidence that very very very similar thread got made hours after I started this one,,,, golly gee wiz, I wonder where the poster got the idea for that thread.

Cheers
Davyo

Thet's always duplicate threads. People don't search or read through the forums before posting.

Davyo

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Thet's always duplicate threads. People don't search or read through the forums before posting.

Well, we shall have to agree to disagree.

This ain't my first rodeo (forum),,,, I've seen this happen a lot,,,, some one will create a thread on a forum that could become well populated and get a lot of attention and then some one else will see that thread, use the whole idea and purpose of that thread, tweeking the thread title a bit so it has the same meaning without using the same exact wording of the original thread they are high jacking with a very very very very similar thread.

Why would some one do that,,, because some how they think they are important if they get lots of hits and replies on a thread they created, even if that means stealing some one else's thread topic/idea and de-railing the original thread.

Once some one de-rails another persons thread no one on the forum benefits except for the person that high jacked and stole the original thread idea/subject,,,, they get some hits on their thread and get to feel important while not caring they had to rip off some one else's thread idea or topic.

I see this happen all the time on forums,,, it's way more than a coincidence or a lack of searching other threads,,, it's done intentionally so one selfish person can get hits on a thread they post in order to some way boost their ego with a big thread count.

It's funny and irritating at the same time,,,, luckily my life is not that bad where I have to depend on thread counts to make me feel important.

Cheers
Davyo

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site

I'm loving this phone add well. My favorite things are the water resistant feature, the camera and the heart rate monitor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs