My Magazine - DISABLED! Much better now!

rexbaumgartner

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The concept of the My Magazine window is cool, I guess. I wish it had the ability that Blink-Feed has, but it doesn't. I noticed I could disable it in Home-Screen Settings. Now I can scroll to the left or to the right, or if I lose my mind, I could just scroll continuously through all of my screens without hitting a "stop." :cool:

Anyone else doing this?

here4kids

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I disabled it, too. I gave it a few days but it just didn't update.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The concept of the My Magazine window is cool, I guess. I wish it had the ability that Blink-Feed has, but it doesn't. I noticed I could disable it in Home-Screen Settings. Now I can scroll to the left or to the right, or if I lose my mind, I could just scroll continuously through all of my screens without hitting a "stop." :cool:

Anyone else doing this?

Literally, first thing I did when I got my phone last Thursday, even on the T-Mobile Store, was to disable My Magazine. I can't think on not scrolling through all my pages, doing that for years now.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Disabled it. Kept scrolling to it by accident. Mine wouldn't update either. It wouldn't even add new topics even though I had them checked in the settings. I gave it a chance and it just didn't impress me.

MsKate

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I disabled My Magazine a week ago, but I'm not able to scroll left. Did I miss something?

I did add a couple more screens, though.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I disabled My Magazine a week ago, but I'm not able to scroll left. Did I miss something?

How did you disable it? Going to the Application manager? I did it on the Home screen Settings (You can access it by long pressing any free space of any page or by Pinching in on any page), I just unchecked the My Magazine option there and changed my Transition effect to None (much better for me).

JD76ers

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Thank you thank worked. I had disabled it by going through App manager but long pressing on a home page allows me to scroll right through and around.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Same, here, I unchecked My Magazine from the Home Screen Settings, and also went into Application Manager and Turned it Off. I can't scroll through the screens in a circular pattern, i.e., it stops at the leftmost screen, rather than cycling through all of the screens.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't know, maybe just try to turn it on again in the Home screen settings and the Application manager, try to see if it behaves as it comes from factory, then, just go to Home Screen Settings and turn it off just from there, once you see that everything works, then you can turn it off in the Application manager. This is what I did and it worked since I was on the store, then I just turned it off in the application manager together with the rest of apps I didn't want.

MsKate

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know, maybe just try to turn it on again in the Home screen settings and the Application manager, try to see if it behaves as it comes from factory, then, just go to Home Screen Settings and turn it off just from there, once you see that everything works, then you can turn it off in the Application manager. This is what I did and it worked since I was on the store, then I just turned it off in the application manager together with the rest of apps I didn't want.
Just tried that, still didn't work. Not a huge deal, though.

killakumes

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate what Samsung was trying to achieve, but I didn't find it very useful and a little slow. I also was accidently scrolling to it which was a little annoying. I enjoy the utility I get from flipboard a lot more for the same type of service, but even then I'm not sure if I want to locked to the home screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I have also disabled it. It was annoying and when it worked it would just bring me stories I didn't care about. I also just don't like that sort of thing (not sure what i mean really) But I hated Blinkfeed on my One X, it was just annoying. Much prefer classic android, and the BBC News app and Widget are really good.

dataz722

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

I had already tried that. Any other suggestions?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I had already tried that. Any other suggestions?

No, sorry, if I was sure that is going to work after a reset, I'd suggest that, but I'm not sure you guys seem to know and have done what I think was needed and worked after the first try, so I'm scared that if you go thorough the tedious process of the resetime only to be at where you are right now will cause you even more frustration.

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I just got the Galaxy S5 yesterday and I wasn't impressed with My Magazine at all and started to get irritated when I accidentally scrolled into it. I'm so glad I found a way to have it off my homescreen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who want infinite scroll I don't think touch-wiz allows for this. Install Nova Launcher and you can enable this feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs