I'm SHOCKED No One HAs Mentioned The Ommission Of Text Reflow/Resizing On S5

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have (had) the HTC DNA and while I'm generally very happy with my brand new S5 I have to say I have no ideea why the phone doesn't resize web pages to fit the screen no matter how much you expand it like my DNA did. This is an incredibly useful feature that prevents one from having to maually scroll side to side to read web pages that you've expanded to make them more legible. How can a tiny company like HTC get this so right and Samsung just ignore it.

And why aren't more people on a forum like this talking about this (to me) GLARING ommission??? :':):)mad:

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Text reflow is one of the main reasons I had my DNA for so long. There are some threads about text reflow on the M8 forum. Chrome is starting to become the only browser installed with new phones now, so it's not an option.

I've read in other posts that browsers like Opera support it, but haven't tried them myself.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I found the solution. Just download Opera Browser for Android, go into settings and enable "text reflow."
Problem solved.

killakumes

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Frankly the size of the screen and seeing the full size sites on my crime browser are a reason why I bought the phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

anon(1017475)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I agree with previous posters...just install and use Opera and be done with it. I've been running with it for about a year now with no issues. I don't have 20/20 vision either and am farsighted.

I do miss the ye olde AOSP browser I had on my GS3. That browser would reflow text.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Between Dolphin and Opera I vastly prefer Dolphin. I find that it's MUCH smoother when you pinch and zoom. Both do reflow. I think Opera does a slightly better job with it than Dolphin but not enough to outweigh the smoothness and overall responsiveness of Dolphin, however.

amar7

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
How can a tiny company like HTC get this so right and Samsung just ignore it.

I always thought the same way in general, but it turns oout not to be like this at all, HTC, Sony, LG care much more about their cusomers and their happiness huge company != better product

It's like getting a hot chick that knows shes a 10, she feels like she doesn't have to prove to you much love, make you a sandwich or anything nice extra. She's already popular etc.

sorry for ot

btw, what is text flow, ? Is this for non mobile optimized websites? Where can I test this