Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default I'm SHOCKED No One HAs Mentioned The Ommission Of Text Reflow/Resizing On S5

I have (had) the HTC DNA and while I'm generally very happy with my brand new S5 I have to say I have no ideea why the phone doesn't resize web pages to fit the screen no matter how much you expand it like my DNA did. This is an incredibly useful feature that prevents one from having to maually scroll side to side to read web pages that you've expanded to make them more legible. How can a tiny company like HTC get this so right and Samsung just ignore it.

And why aren't more people on a forum like this talking about this (to me) GLARING ommission???

Global Posts
    2,520 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: I'm SHOCKED No One HAs Mentioned The Ommission Of Text Reflow/Resizing On S5

Text reflow is one of the main reasons I had my DNA for so long. There are some threads about text reflow on the M8 forum. Chrome is starting to become the only browser installed with new phones now, so it's not an option.

I've read in other posts that browsers like Opera support it, but haven't tried them myself.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: I'm SHOCKED No One HAs Mentioned The Ommission Of Text Reflow/Resizing On S5

I found the solution. Just download Opera Browser for Android, go into settings and enable "text reflow."
    Problem solved.

The Samsung browser is enough for me but Opera does offer better text reflow

Posted via GT-N7100 Note II

Boat Browser also has reflow.

Cant you just double tap the page while using Chrome to size fit to the screen?
    Thanked by:

Frankly the size of the screen and seeing the full size sites on my crime browser are a reason why I bought the phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk