Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ssgokou29
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default s4 to s5

Hi All, I went from a Galaxy s4 to an s5 and I backed up my s4 using Kies but it only backed up settings, mall, messages and call logs, I wasn't able to check APPS. any idea what I did wrong? In the future can I back everything up in the Cloud using Samsung and my Gmail information?

Thank you,

Shane

Global Posts
    532 Global Posts

Default Re: s4 to s5

Quote Originally Posted by shanezam203 View Post
    Hi All, I went from a Galaxy s4 to an s5 and I backed up my s4 using Kies but it only backed up settings, mall, messages and call logs, I wasn't able to check APPS. any idea what I did wrong? In the future can I back everything up in the Cloud using Samsung and my Gmail information?

Thank you,

Shane
    Did the same and kies was of no help, no apps or even default settings, nothing, the only thing that works the most was installing Samsung Smart Switch, it passed everything except my Calls Log (Don't know why because it says that it did it, I even tried 3 times, it seems that the Call Log Format on the S5 is different) and the Apps. But at least I got my messages and rest of settings like Wifi, Bluetooth and Wallpapers and others, things that Kies didn't.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Are there ways using Native Backup and Restore in the app/ Samsung or would that not do the APPS? I was trying to avoid having to go into my Play Store on the new phone, and re download each of my apps I wanted and then the Folders on home screen and widgets. any way to mirror the phone 100%?

Quote Originally Posted by shanezam203 View Post
    Are there ways using Native Backup and Restore in the app/ Samsung or would that not do the APPS? I was trying to avoid having to go into my Play Store on the new phone, and re download each of my apps I wanted and then the Folders on home screen and widgets. any way to mirror the phone 100%?
    When i logged into my phone, almost all my app, just re-downloaded on my s5 from the playstore. I did not have to manually download each app i wanted.. I came from an s3.
    rob damiani likes this.