Samsung Galaxy S5...Speaker phone everytime I make a call

RRackman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Same problem, Galaxy Note 4, started turning on the speakerphone for every call (placed and received).
I tried everything posted above and nothing worked.
I then remembered that I tried a cheap MHL/OTG dock a coworker had and the problem I had disconnecting (black screen) and how I ended up plugging it in the dock and then restarting my phone and during the reboot I unplugged from the dock (fixed the black screen issue).
Not until 2 days later and lots of testing did I finally put 2 & 2 together.

Lucky for me I have an old car dock.....
I simply plugged into the car dock, made a call and hung up. disconnected the car dock (higher quality with no screen issues) and Viola!
Problem fixed!!

I can't wait to grill my coworker on his cheap choice for a desk dock!

Hope this helps someone else at the end of their rope.

Remo

fundad49

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5/S6...Speaker phone everytime I make a call

I found the problem and a workaround. The speaker if set to off stays off until the phone is answered. Then the speaker is turned on. Using the application Tasker I wrote a script which continuously turns the speaker to off for 10 seconds, (that work for me). The speaker icon on the dial screen does not change, but the speaker is off. I never found any setting that cured the problem. Verizon suggested a reset, but I hate rebuilding my phone so the scripting route.

koopg

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Same problem, Galaxy Note 4, started turning on the speakerphone for every call (placed and received).
I tried everything posted above and nothing worked.
I then remembered that I tried a cheap MHL/OTG dock a coworker had and the problem I had disconnecting (black screen) and how I ended up plugging it in the dock and then restarting my phone and during the reboot I unplugged from the dock (fixed the black screen issue).
Not until 2 days later and lots of testing did I finally put 2 & 2 together.

Lucky for me I have an old car dock.....
I simply plugged into the car dock, made a call and hung up. disconnected the car dock (higher quality with no screen issues) and Viola!
Problem fixed!!

I can't wait to grill my coworker on his cheap choice for a desk dock!

Hope this helps someone else at the end of their rope.

Remo

thank you thank you thank you thank you

so i had aame problem
and couldnt find how to stop it
i was trying everything sugested here with no luck

then i sew this post
i have a doc station
when i wake up todaty phone was off for some resone
i took it out of doc and turn on
problem started
to fix this
i place it back in dock
made a call
hang
and took it out
working like a charm !!!

thanks bro

Iggnanamous

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
There is a setting withing the voice commands as well which is not in the settings menu. To check this setting go to S Voice > Settings (in the context menu) > Auto start speakerphone and make sure it's unchecked.

king james2

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
My phone started this after the android 5.1.1 update. What worked for me was going to Settings - > Language and input - > read notifications aloud. There I turned off settings to read notifications. While we shouldn't have to do this, it worked for me.
Thank you so much I was frustrated from trying everything to the point I was ready to go get a new phone. I appreciate the advice

Bradford Cunningham

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I also fixed mine by going to settings...Language and Input...... Read Notifications Aloud..... Then turned off all settings on this function.... It worked.... Of course, I do not get my notifications read aloud, but that is the lesser of two evils compared to always having the speaker phone come on automatically. I also agree we shouldn't have to do this..... I advised T-Mobile...... It has something to do with the Lollipop 5.1.1 update.... It did not happen until I installed this update......

Cindy Murphy2

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
exactly! I went through everything, shut down everything, followed all the suggestions given here, shut my note 5 off and back on and each time it would make only one call correctly them every subsequent call went right back to the speaker phone!

Pat east

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
OK i cannot figure this one out. Everytime i take a call or make a call...speaker phone comes on.I do not want speaker phone on. and also how can you get a number keypad while on a call?

Thanks
Andrea

So, does anyone know if you can access the dialer keypad in call from the s view screen while it's closed? Is that possible, or a standard option? That would be really useful...

Daniel Ferreira13

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
My phone started this after the android 5.1.1 update. What worked for me was going to Settings - > Language and input - > read notifications aloud. There I turned off settings to read notifications. While we shouldn't have to do this, it worked for me.

Perfect! Thanks for your help! It was driving me crazy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae