Area around ear speaker that won't mist when breathed on - worried?

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi All

I know this sounds ridiculous, But after my last phone having developed faults just after the 28 day period, I want to make sure that this phone is definitely okay hardware wise.

I have noticed when i clean the screen and see fingerprints, that there is a small round area around the front speaker (ear speaker) that is darker, and doesn't seem to mist up. I am concern this may be a defect and may impede the water resistance feature. I just want to check if anybody else has seen this on their device? It's very easy to see if you just breathe on the ear/front speaker, you may notice a dark round blob. it is over the left hand side of the speaker mesh and is not perfectly round.

What do you think? Am I being a pedant? here are the best two pics I could get on my webcam
Snapshot_20140418_4.JPGSnapshot_20140418_5.JPG
You can see the blob to the left corner - you see where it's kinda darker? its only visible if i rub the area so everything else is smudged or if I breathe on it. cheers for your advice in advance

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys

I would really appreciate it if any one of you could take the time just to look and let me know if yours is the same at all?

rnd0209

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the same thing on my VZW S5. It's probably where the machine held the phone during assembly. All I know is that I don't think it's a big deal.

Posted via Android Central App

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
YES! As long as just a couple other people have the same thing i'm not bothered. I'm so glad i'm not alone. I thought it would be something like that but it's just worrying when these phones cost so much. thanks!

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I had some discoloration at the top of mine as well in two different spots. Try cleaning the screen really well with a screen cleaning solution. There was some residue on mine that wouldn't come off by just wiping the screen with a dry cloth. Probably poor screen cleaning at the factory. Anyway, after cleaning mine off really good, the spots are gone.

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the two spots on the top of my screen re-appeared even after thorough cleaning with lens cleaner. It seems like the screen coating is slightly different in those spots. At this point, I'm not sure whether the inconsistency in those areas would lead to any durability concern...

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi All

I know this sounds ridiculous, But after my last phone having developed faults just after the 28 day period, I want to make sure that this phone is definitely okay hardware wise.

I have noticed when i clean the screen and see fingerprints, that there is a small round area around the front speaker (ear speaker) that is darker, and doesn't seem to mist up. I am concern this may be a defect and may impede the water resistance feature. I just want to check if anybody else has seen this on their device? It's very easy to see if you just breathe on the ear/front speaker, you may notice a dark round blob. it is over the left hand side of the speaker mesh and is not perfectly round.

What do you think? Am I being a pedant? here are the best two pics I could get on my webcam
View attachment 113424View attachment 113425
You can see the blob to the left corner - you see where it's kinda darker? its only visible if i rub the area so everything else is smudged or if I breathe on it. cheers for your advice in advance
large_woman_tin_foil_hat.jpg

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Oh I see. Are you worried? Does it cause you enough worry to consider returning the phone? I kinda wish the whole screen was like the area because it seems not to get dirty as easily, though the rest of the screen is fine. The area of the mark isn't raised or anything, it's completely invisible unless you breathe/rub on it for a bit. Think it might just be glue

rnd0209

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
It's probably the olephobic or what ever it's called layer on the screen. It's where it didn't get sealed. I saw the same thing on the BlackBerry Z10 when I had that but it was much much worse like streaks of this. Lol.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz