Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Location Services not updating impacting Weather widget

I found a peculiar issue. I found that the weather widget would not update even if I set the refresh interval at an hour or did a manual update. I played with the 3 location settings (high accuracy, power savings, and GPS only) that are new with Kit Kat. I found that none of them worked unless I had my wifi enabled. It did not have to be connected, just enabled. As soon as I enabled wifi it would refresh with no issues.

I disable my wifi when away from my house to save battery, it looks like I won't be able to do this anymore if I want location services to work correctly. I also found that this was impacting my llama application (location specific phone settings). Anyone know of a fix for this issue?

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Default Re: Location Services not updating impacting Weather widget

Quote Originally Posted by joshdrop View Post
    I found a peculiar issue. I found that the weather widget would not update even if I set the refresh interval at an hour or did a manual update. I played with the 3 location settings (high accuracy, power savings, and GPS only) that are new with Kit Kat. I found that none of them worked unless I had my wifi enabled. It did not have to be connected, just enabled. As soon as I enabled wifi it would refresh with no issues.

I disable my wifi when away from my house to save battery, it looks like I won't be able to do this anymore if I want location services to work correctly. I also found that this was impacting my llama application (location specific phone settings). Anyone know of a fix for this issue?
    I had this issue with some widgets on the S4, and found that changing the launcher did the trick. Touchwiz does not necessarily play well with widgets. I use Nova and the Google experience, depending on how I feel.

Mark

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

I can get it to work without WiFi in power save mode

Obliviously you need to have data on but also try setting your location default eg home

I also have the 2 google features switched off

I believe from other threads I've seen that it's a glitch with the accuweather app. I use the weather channel as my primary weather app without any problems, but the app on the lock screen never seems to update. For now I've just turned it off

Global Posts
    243 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidAmberina View Post
    I believe from other threads I've seen that it's a glitch with the accuweather app. I use the weather channel as my primary weather app without any problems, but the app on the lock screen never seems to update. For now I've just turned it off
    As per my posting in the other thread I have no problem