Galaxy S5 lag when looking at photo after taking a pic

lasercomp

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Hello. I had the S4 and just upgraded to the S5 and still notice the same lag or slowness. When I take a photo and then click the gallery button to see the photo it can take up to 4-5 seconds to open the gallery to see the photo. Is this the norm or is there something I can adjust? Thanks for your responses.

Posted via Android Central App

lasercomp

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Yes. The quality of the photos are excellent. When I click on the photo gallery on bottom left corner to see the pic I just took, it takes a few seconds. I wish there was a way to swipe lieft after taking a photo to quickly see the photo I just took. That happens on the new google camera app but I prefer to use the stock camera app.

Just wondering if you have taken the plastic off the camera lens because I had the exact same problem.

deadpanwalking

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I believe this might be the culprit: How to fix the flaws of the Samsung Galaxy S5 - Gadget Guy Australia.
"The issue is this: when opening Samsung’s gallery app on the Galaxy phones, it takes minutes — not seconds, but rather a minute or more — to let you access your pictures. There have been times where we’ve given up, actually, when the gallery refused to load, and the interface would look broken, as if parts of it were running, but doing nothing."
The workarounds listed are not to my liking. Why doesn't Samsung just fix this? Unacceptable.

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna go real simple and ask two questions:
Are you using a micro sd card for pics?
How fast is that micro SD card?

Chances are you're answer is somewhere in the middle of those two questions :)

QuadForce

May 8, 2013
Visit site
It takes me about 3 seconds to access the photo after the shutter sound. I am using a 64gb Samsung class 10 SD card.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I use a class 10 SD card 64GB and mine takes a second at most to transition.

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

deadpanwalking

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I can also rapid fire as well without much issue.

For me, most of the time (but not all of the time) when I want to view a photo from camera to viewer it will take about a second. The issue I have is when I open Samsung's included Gallery Software cold - EVERYTIME it will take at least a minute to open. Additionally, I have taken out my 2 year old Samsung 16gb microSD card because the phone went from random mountings and unmountings to straight up not even detecting it. I am not sure if it was a class 10 card however. I am thinking of ordering a class 10 card to see if it will solve most of my problems. So yes, even with the phone saving photos directly to phone memory, it will lag horribly when I open Samsung's Gallery Viewer.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
For me, most of the time (but not all of the time) when I want to view a photo from camera to viewer it will take about a second. The issue I have is when I open Samsung's included Gallery Software cold - EVERYTIME it will take at least a minute to open. Additionally, I have taken out my 2 year old Samsung 16gb microSD card because the phone went from random mountings and unmountings to straight up not even detecting it. I am not sure if it was a class 10 card however. I am thinking of ordering a class 10 card to see if it will solve most of my problems. So yes, even with the phone saving photos directly to phone memory, it will lag horribly when I open Samsung's Gallery Viewer.

Oh OK. But my answer is the same. My gallery pretty opens instantly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18