Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen does not auto shut off when charging, turns on when receive texts.

Hey all, I have this very annoying problem with my GS5. When the screen is locked and is plugged into the charger, anytime I receive a text message the screen lights up and NEVER automatically puts itself back to sleep. The screen will dim, but stay lit until I physically press the lock button. Is anybody else experiencing this?

Default Re: Screen does not auto shut off when charging, turns on when receive texts.

My friend had the same issue with his Sprint S5. Go to settings > developer options > uncheck the keep screen on while charging option.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Screen does not auto shut off when charging, turns on when receive texts.

I have the same problem. The screen comes on with a notification (usually that it is fully charged) and will then stay on. Daydream is off, SmartStay is off and the StayAwake on the Developer Options is grayed out and I can't find a way to wake it so it isn't gray to be able to uncheck it if it is. Any other ideas?

Go to the settings menu on your GS5.
    Scroll down to the "System section and tap "About Device."
    Now scroll down to "Build number."
    Tap the "Build number" section seven times. (You'll see a warning that you're about to unlock developer options.)
    Now back out to the main settings menu, and you'll see "Developer options" listed.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Sorry to post this twice...I din't know which topic would be followed. It isn't Developer Options that is grayed out, it is the StayAwake inside that that is grayed out.

This is just what I needed to know for my HTC One M8. Thank you Eclipse2k.

"My friend had the same issue with his Sprint S5. Go to settings > developer options > uncheck the keep screen on while charging option. "
    Thanked by:

Thank you, I also had this problem and I couldn't find developer options anywhere. I had to have a factory reset done on my phone and a lot of the stuff that I knew was on the phone before the the reset disappeared.

Thank you so much

I'm going through the same thing with my tmobile S5 screen stays on when I receive notifications and won't turn off unless I press the power button. I'm trying to figure out how to fix this problem. It's annoying and it drains my phones battery

Mikey831, I have the t mobile S5 doing the same thing, and I think I figured it out. I went to the t mobile app settings go to options I only have the wifi checked. I also went to the battery saver mode in the same app (just scroll down). I clicked on 10 screen. Hope that helps man....

Did you get the fix? I am having same issue with my Samsung S5 on T-Mobile.

Try turning powersaver on, this resolved the screen staying on after a notification. As soon as I did this the screen would shut off shortly after receiving a notification. I tested by turning power saver off and the screen would stay on until I hit the lock button.