Which Messaging app do you use?

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I want to use Hangouts, however in the past every time I would get a voicemail I would get a text through Hangouts, which didn't happen on the stock messaging app or Verizon Messages.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I want to use Hangouts, however in the past every time I would get a voicemail I would get a text through Hangouts, which didn't happen on the stock messaging app or Verizon Messages.

Handscent. Was using stock and tetra for a while but I keep going back to handscent. I like the popup on top of the pattern lockscreen. I use whatsapp a little bit as well.

Posted via Android Central App

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I love go SMS. It was the only app where I could figure out how to set individual people with different ringtones.

JJM1975

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I want to use another app for Messaging. I am a recent convert to android from IOS. One nice feature of the IOS IM app is that if you are in a conversation with someone it wont keep giving you an audible alert every time you get a new message. In android it seems to alert you to every message that comes in. This is unnecessary when you are watching the screen and seeing the messages come in. Is there an app for android that does this?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I want to use another app for Messaging. I am a recent convert to android from IOS. One nice feature of the IOS IM app is that if you are in a conversation with someone it wont keep giving you an audible alert every time you get a new message. In android it seems to alert you to every message that comes in. This is unnecessary when you are watching the screen and seeing the messages come in. Is there an app for android that does this?

You can set the way you want or don't want notifications in Textra, and probably most other texting apps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

You can configure audible alert with GO SMS. Check out the screen shot. uploadfromtaptalk1397916234778.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Sara Di

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Go SMS, I like being able to customize the background of my texts. I couldn't stand the colors of Verizon Messenger.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
You can configure audible alert with GO SMS. Check out the screen shot. View attachment 113572

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I don't think this is quite what the request was for, as your screen shot only references in call options and not in app ones. Are there additional settings that specifically refer to audible alerts while IN the messaging app?

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm rolling with the stock app. I love the priority contacts feature and the app itself is really customizable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Messages... I can send and receive texts on my S5, iPad, Chromebook, Windows PC, and Macbook. No fees or subscriptions. Has priority contacts on the S5. Normally not a big fan with Verizon apps. But this one is the best SMS app I have used in terms of flexibility.

If you are on Verizon and want to send and receive texts across all your devices, you should really give it a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith