Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Has the S5 not having 64-bit processing been a big deal for any of you?

Has the S5 not having 64-bit processing been a big deal for any of you?

I feel bothered by it because the iPhone has it and it came out several months ago last year. I want the latest and greatest for now that will last 2 years and not having 64-bit bugs me. But, do you think we even need 64-bit in the S5 or any current and new android device?

Default Re: Has the S5 not having 64-bit processing been a big deal for any of you?

nope

Default Re: Has the S5 not having 64-bit processing been a big deal for any of you?

No need for 64 bit at this time. Even the iPhone 5s has very limited use of 64 bit. Very few iPhone apps are capable of making use of 64 bit architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsubball23 View Post
    Has the S5 not having 64-bit processing been a big deal for any of you?

I feel bothered by it because the iPhone has it and it came out several months ago last year. I want the latest and greatest for now that will last 2 years and not having 64-bit bugs me. But, do you think we even need 64-bit in the S5 or any current and new android device?
    There is no real need for 64 bit on a phone. That and you won't notice any real difference until you have 4gb of ram or more.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    5,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Android OS does not support 64 bit processors so its unnecessary at this time. Apple did it simply for marketing ploys, when your toy phone is only 3.5-4" in size you don't require much processing power. Wait until they catch up with larger displays they will need to up their hardware specs.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

What about when running tests and benchmarks to compare phones? The iPhone's 64-bit processor benefit the phone in tests and benchmarks?
    Thanked by:

When running tests and beaches, Wtf, lol. How about day to day use. Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Android OS does not support 64 bit processors so its unnecessary at this time. Apple did it simply for marketing ploys, when your toy phone is only 3.5-4" in size you don't require much processing power. Wait until they catch up with larger displays they will need to up their hardware specs.
    I agree...except I don't think the large display will make a huge difference performance wise. Look at the iPad Air...runs just as smooth as the iPhone.

Anyway..,no you don't need if won't notice the difference if 32 vs 64 bit processing during the year to two someone typically keeps their phone .

Quote Originally Posted by tmillagegbc View Post
    The iPhone's 64-bit processor benefit the phone in tests and benchmarkshttp://fashionold.com/4c.jpg
    Bench marks don't mean much these days..,specially coming from two separate operating systems.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by JS_racer View Post
    When running tests and beaches, Wtf, lol. How about day to day use. Nope
    Good point lol. I just want the best of the best at the time that will be future proof for maybe 2 years and I thought having 64-bit would be good for that.
    Last edited by sdsubball23; 04-19-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Global Posts
    1,656 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

I haven't ever used my device that much to where 64 bit processing would be needed. Maybe 3 megabytes of RAM would be better, but not to the point where you are basically making a phone into a minicomputer on steroids.
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.

Nope

Posted via Android Central App