Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't restore all of my text messages from old S3

Just had a new S5...
    I've backed up my SMS messages in lots of different ways from my S3 (Samsung account backup, Wondershare MobileGo and Kies) but when I restore them it only restores the messages from the last couple of months. I thought it was to do with the setting that deleted old message to free up space but I've checked and that's off. I don't know whether it's a coincidence but it only restores 50 SMS converstations, so whether the 50 is significant I don't know. When I backed up in Wondershare, it said there were 6300 messages, but there were only 2200 ish restored.
    Am I doing something wrong or missing something really obvious?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Can't restore all of my text messages from old S3

I've just actually noticed that it stops restoring any messages earlier than 2014?? The last ones are from the start of January.... When they were restored onto the S5 it was an old message in each conversation that was displayed until I go into the conversation - then the last message is the one that is shown in the messages list... Eh???

Default Re: Can't restore all of my text messages from old S3

Quote Originally Posted by sidneysides View Post
    Just had a new S5...
    I've backed up my SMS messages in lots of different ways from my S3 (Samsung account backup, Wondershare MobileGo and Kies) but when I restore them it only restores the messages from the last couple of months. I thought it was to do with the setting that deleted old message to free up space but I've checked and that's off. I don't know whether it's a coincidence but it only restores 50 SMS converstations, so whether the 50 is significant I don't know. When I backed up in Wondershare, it said there were 6300 messages, but there were only 2200 ish restored.
    Am I doing something wrong or missing something really obvious?
    I got my 6500 or so messages over from my s3, but I used a third party app. SMSbackup+, worked well.